Sorting office story...

I am writing a story on this for teh Southwark News...

I have spoken to Tessa Jowell MP, Royal Mail and the sorting office.

I will be outside the Sorting Office on Sylvester Road from 10am tomorrow (sunday) to take a picture of some disgruntled residents...

Cllr Jonathon Mitchell will be attending...

Please come down to voice your concerns and / or get in the pic...

David Y

I picked up a couple of parcels the other day from there, and the poor sod trying to deal with all the customers works on his own. They got rid of his workmate and he has to do it all alone. That's why they never answer the phone, cos it's just one bloke trying to deal with everyone and everything.

I asked about the backlog and they said it is almost cleared now, so hopefully things will get a bit smoother, but if you are going to write a story, I hope you find out about the staff cuts and include that in it.

I was at the Camberwell sorting office yesterday and they were overwhelmed with angry people from Herne Hill, where the sorting office closed some months ago. As far as I could make out, there is an arrangement that you can arrange for your redelivery to go to the local Costcutter, but this sounds to have gone horribly wrong, and there were lots of complaints. One woman had been told by Costcutter that they email Royal Mail trying to trace items but Royal Mail are too busy to read emails, so people are shuttling back and forth, ever more angry. As others have said, the Royal Mail staff were doing their best but the whole arangement just looked impossible.