ginger cat Dunstans Road

lilolil

I am posting for a friend who lives on Dunstans Road. She has two cats, one is ginger. He keeps going out for long periods of time which is very worrying, but then the other day he came home with a collar on! This collar was grey/yellow and red with a bell.

So, to the kind person who is feeding /looking after him, thank you but he does have a home and is well fed and much loved!

Today my friend is in tears because her cat has not come home. His littermate has stopped eating,its a very sad state of affairs. If he comes home she intends to keep him in until his visit to the vets next week. In the meantime if anyone is looking after him or knows of a young pale ginger tabby please let us know. Thank you

May I ask how young he is? The neuturing really should be done early, to prevent male cats from straying.

I understand that even male cats that have been neutured from an early age can also stray, but giving a cat routine- if possible- keeping him in at night will ensure that he wont be gone for long periods of time.

The same should apply to any cat owner that has a cat flap, not only to prevent cats from straying/potentially getting lost, but to checkup on their health or any injuries than can occure throughout the day.

There's a pale ginger tabby that I see frequently on friern road, near underhill. In fact he's run into my house several times as I've been coming in or out and he's waiting outside. This is despite no encouragement and always turfing him out quickly. He runs straight upstairs and it's very annoying having to chase him to get him out.

Not sure if the same one but if it is I can understand how someone may think he needs looking after. Also that it's possible he's run into someone's house without them noticing (I didn't realise once as was busy getting pram over doorstep but my daughter saw and told me) and possibly got shut in a bedroom or something? Hope he turns up. Will keep a look out.

Has he returned home yet? I have noticed a very friendly ginger male over the recent weeks. Seems about 2 years old by the size - has a collar with a metal circular tag. Good weight. Was in no way shy and very comfortable around me although he has never come that close to me before. Was wondering aroung my garden (around E.D police station area). Is this him? Has he come home yet?

As far as I know he doesnt have a collar on at the moment. He hasnt been home for 2 days now. He did come back last week with a collar that someone else had put on. My friend is going to post notes through her neighbours doors tomorrow. It's very sad. I dont think the cat down near the police station is the same one but thank you.

hi, can you say exactly what he looks like? we have a very fluffy ginger and white cat who comes to visit us daily (we're on the other side of the rye, so i think it's probably not the same one). he started by befriending our cat and then coming in for tea (by our cat's invitation, not ours!) but our cat was sadly killed about 6 weeks ago and this cat still visits. we started giving him food as he always seemed starving and, to be honest, he didn't look too well cared for - no collar and riddled with fleas. could it be the same cat?

please pm me if it is.

He's home! BUT there's a twist to the tale! Moments after putting a leaflet through a letter box ,she had a call from someone saying they had her cat. Bearing in mind he had only been away a few days ,this person had had my friends cat neutered and intended to keep him. Now I don't know if I'm over reacting but I would have thought it would be common courtesy to try and find out if he belonged to someone by way of CAT FOUND signs!!!

Goodness - that's a bit enthusiastic! my great aunt Mary used to adopt the neighbourhood cats. At one point she had thirteen regular visitors. Our Christmas cards would read - happy Xmas love aunt Mary, uncle Eric, smokey, ginger, fluff, pickles and so on. She'd feed them steak - the poor owners didn't stand a chance.

Glad your friend's got her cat back.