My car hit and run by my neighbour!!!!

Just felt I had to share this because next time if could be you.....

My car was parked outside my house with a very large vacant space behind it. I was looking out of upstairs window with my mother waiting for my husband to turn up and give her a lift the station.

The man (50's) who owns house opposite arrives in his white van with steel tow ball and at speed reverses in to the large space next to my car and hits my car with force. He duly parks and walks off. I run downstairs to see him walking round the corner, so take a note of his car reg etc and take photographs of the scene which show his tow ball in direct line with the damage (height, distance etc. Go back inside to put camera down and walk outside to find him there. Explain calmly what has happened. He denies everything despite dent to my vehicles being in line exactly with the tow ball. I ask for his insurance details and he refuses to give them so I say let us just get the police and they can see for themselves. Dash inside for phone and he drives away in those few seconds.

he then turns the van round and tries to run me over. I jump out of the way and try and grab the ignition keys as he slows to turn the corner (silly I know but at the time you just react without thinking). He gets away.

I report it to the police and traffic dept will pursue. Thing is that I knew who he was, he had insurance and he was not drunk so the only reason he moved the van so quickly was was because of the proxiity to the damage. Of course he was too late because I had already taken the pics by then.

As expected he does not report accident to his insurance company who only open a file when my insurers call them. (The police obtained his insurance details). He is now refusing to even respond to his own insurance company and this is another part that may be of interest to you, he can refuse to reply for THREE ENTIRE MONTHS before we can pursue it further. So as an innocent party (as you might well be at some future time) we just have to wait three months.

The man in question is Michael Travers and he works as a builder in the area so if you are looking for one and he is coming around to give you an estimate, make sure you park your car away from his van. !!!