The (shallow) curse of the working mum

radnrach

Since being back at work, I've noticed I have horrendous under-the-eye shadows and bags. No matter what I do, I look stupendously tired. I know it's because I AM tired, but juggling it all is really taking it's toll on my face. Does anyone have any make-up suggestions, or general ideas to help with this problem? I know it's pretty shallow, but I would really prefer not to look like I've been dragged through the crapper on a daily basis.

Some good advice here - do watch the video too Sali Hughes on concealer pens and here. If the shadows are really bad I'd go for a very creamy concealer - best to go to a counter to get a good colour match. Bobby Brown are meant to be very good.

The irony of me giving this advice is that I never have time to do any of this in the mornings, despite looking a total fright due to extreme lack of sleep!

I've seen adverts for this: Nanoblur Optical Skin Cream 30ml in Boots and if the pictures are to believed, it works miracles....I might invest once I'm back in work. For under-eye bags: drink lots and lots of water, plus chilled teabags or cucumber on the eye for 5-10 min helps - of course finding that time might be another matter. Will watch this thread carefully for future reference!