The parcel sorters are lying to us

I got 4 missed delivery cards and arranged online for redelivery Thursday, but noone turned up and when I called to complain, asking Royal Mail whether it really meant anything when a mail arrived confirming a redelivery date, she said "No, not really!"

I am writing a story on this for the Southwark News...

I have spoken to Tessa Jowell MP, Royal Mail and the sorting office.

I will be outside the Sorting Office on Sylvester Road from 10am tomorrow (sunday) to take a picture of some disgruntled residents...

Cllr Jonathon Mitchell will be attending...

Please come down to voice your concerns and / or get in the pic...

David Y

Keef Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> I know this is a poor service, but at the moment

> when they probably do have a big back log, and

> they've got xmas coming up, I can understand them

> doing this, and getting people to collect their

> own parcels. Not saying it's right before my head

> gets bitten off, just that I can understand it.

>

I've had this both before and after the strike, this year.

This summer (June), I had a so-called attempted delivery (I work from home and I was in - they just didn't ring or knock), which ended up with the item going back to the vendor. Then when I went to the sorting office to try and collect, the guy on duty at Silvester Rd gave misinformation about item whereabouts. I ended up getting a refund from my credit card company.

In the last month, I've had the non-appearance of at least four parcels in four weeks, where I've had to get back to vendors in the end, and most have mailing the same thing out again. I've also had 'those letters'.

I more often than not get a van driver dropping a card through the door and then driving away without ringing or knocking. I hear the letterbox go (as the card comes through), run to the door, and shout from the porch and I run down the garden, but by that stage the guy is back in the van and driving off.

I've filed formal complaints with RM customer services several times this year (about the above, but I also get a lot of mail for a nearby property, which I'm always on their case about), who apologise and send me books of stamps :-/. They also try to get through to Silvester Rd, but no joy: apparently, they say, this sorting office neither answers the phone (my own experience too) nor reads email from Customer Services. So if Customer Services try to rearrange a delivery with Silvester Rd, their email is just ignored.

Oh and one of the posties broke my letterbox.

It's a never-ending saga.

I'm about to escalate the whole thing.