Be careful late at night - I was assaulted and robbed off Grove Vale

Al_T

I was assaulted and robbed at 12:55am on Copleston Road, just off Grove Vale on Friday night (23/9/2011), by two non-white youths. I was lucky to escape serious injury - though I was punched multiple times to my head and ribs. I just wanted to let people know and to be safe - the attack happened only a few hundred yards from the East Dulwich Tavern which I had just left.

A very kind gentleman found my credit card and driving license by the Magnolia Pub on Lordship Lane. If anyone else has found any other items with A Taylor on them or a dark brown leather Mulberry wallet I would be grateful if you can let me know. I can't imagine my i-phone will have been thrown away! The same gentleman suggested I alert everyone on this forum.

Yes, I was answering a call as I left the pub - so I'm sure that is why I was selected. That said, I'm sure they would have assaulted someone that night, even if a phone wasn't flashed. They were clearly lying in wait for a victim. I've told the Police.

There is - one guy even managed to get his laptop camera (ok that was an apple laptop) to take pics of the scum before getting the cops to pay a visit.

findmyiphone app is the start.

benmorg Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> There must be a way of using smartphones to trace

> and catch these f*ckers.

belladonna Wrote:

> Friend coming home a bit the worse for wear on

> Saturday last week with bicycle, Woke up with

> black eye, broken collarbone and no bike. No

> memory of what happened. Coming from Peckham Rye.

Could he not just have fallen off?

Sorry to hear your news AL_T.

mike e Wrote:

> Get the iphone app that traces your phone if you

> activate it, if you do it quick enough and call

> police when the robbery happens and not 20 minutes

> later or whatever,they can trace it and follow it.

xxxxxxx

Bit difficult to call police when the robbery happens if somebody has nicked your phone .....

Ummm really sorry to hear about this. It happened to me a few years ago outside the police station. I have to say the police were completely useless. They seem to wait in a car, follow you and then jump out just when its a bit dark (like at the back of the police station!).

We all must be aware but not paranoid!

i know it was poor liz , darlin hope your ok i was broken into at 5.30 am while in bed they came in stole my bag and lovely new car , police have been very good keep your doctors double locked or you wont be covered by the insurance i am lucky they didnt come upstairs, East Dulwich is not the safe place it used to be ladies dont walk home at night get a cab x philly:)-D

• 3 weeks later...
Be careful on the No.12 bus as well, I was mugged on that the other week at about 6:15pm on a Friday evening so when the bus was pretty packed. Helpfully the cctv wasn't working. As muggings go it was pretty mild to be fair - physically unscathed and he dropped my bag so just got my ipad which I stupidly had on display. Apparently it's not the first time it's happened, I think it was a kid taking an opportunity rather than hanging around in wait so less sinister. I don't think any area is particularly less safe than it was, these things happen and it's unpleasant but unfortunately they do.