Fly tipping in Hillsboro Rd

Well, the council will sort it out - at our expense.

I reported this fly-tipping and mentioned I have a photo of the contact details. Name, address, phone number all clearly visible on the box :-)

I really hope the council follow up and fine the woman responsible.

Just to play devil's advocate, I can imagine a number of scenarios where it might end up there through no fault of her own. Seems an odd item to flytip when it would be less effort to cut up and throw in the recycling. Obviously, if she did tip it hope she gets a sanction but there are alternative explanations...

really?

so owner disposes of her rubbish and someone moves it? What scenarios are there that explain an item dumped on a street rather than being disposed of correctly?

I had an upstairs neighbor who thought that - because we were having bonfires - thought she could throw her rubbish from her window into my garden.

I pulled her up about it as it included letters with her name on and very disgusting personal items.

I aksed her if she really thought my other half should pick up her used women's items. I guess the fact that I bumped into her when out and asked her in front of other people properly shamed her. It stopped and she won't look me in the ye any more.

There are people who don't think/ can't think/ don't care.

Fallen off a bin lorry/skip? Paid someone to take it away who then dumped it? Someone asked for the box (I've sometimes been asked for large boxes by people wanting them for moving etc) then decided they didn't need it and dumped it?

Quite possibly it is a straightforward case of dumping, though again, why carry a cardboard box a significant distance to dump it when it could be cut up and put in the recycling in minutes? Just suggesting alternatives before we get the pitchforks and burning torches out...

rendelharris Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Someone asked for the

> box (I've sometimes been asked for large boxes by

> people wanting them for moving etc) then decided

> they didn't need it and dumped it?

I once worked at a company with distinct branded boxes. We were forbidden from taking used ones home (for moving etc) as they would occasionally be dumped and the company would get hassled about it.