nursing bras??

lilygogan

have you tried the fitting studio in dartmouth road in forest hill - supposed to be a very good service for measuring and helping you pick out maternity and nursing bras that are just the right fit, I haven't been but friends have and said it was great..

just googled it..

www.thefittingstudio.co.uk

The Fitting Studio is a MUST - Kyra and Anne are lovely and exceptionally good at what they do. They are very near the corner of Dartmouth Road with London Rd, 2 mins walk from the bus stops and BR. You're best off ringing them - they usually run on an appointment basis but don't let that put you off - it's so they can help you properly while you are in the changing room. They don't do the hard sell either.

Support your local business!!

I also warmly recommend the fitting studio - excellent service and they really know what they are doing. I didn't rate the fitting service at pretty pregnant - they just went by what the tape measure says which is never going to work (there is another thread about this on the forum somewhere but I'm afraid I can't remember where.)

Yes, the ladies are really lovely in pretty pregnant but perhaps not all of them are that experienced in fitting bras (not complaining at all, there's no reason why they would be) and the person who measured me for nursing bras got the size wrong by several sizes. Ended up in trusty M&S in town for measuring but then went back to pretty pregnant to buy some bras. Next time will try the fitting studio.

I'm a 36H, and I'm not sure I'd have it this far with breastfeeding without proper wired nursing bras. I tried the Anita ones but found they were dug in and made me look lumpy and were completely without support. The Fitting Studio is great but when I was there last they didn't stock Elomi Elomi bras, which are all I wear now. They are smooth and supportive (not as pretty as Hot Milk unfortunately) but they are just amazing after wasting hundreds of pounds on bras that I hated wearing while my boobs got lower and lower..

Hi Au Lait

Did you try on the elomi somewhere before you bought it? The reviews on fig leaves suggest it comes up large - have you found that?

I know you can order a range of sizes from fig leaves and send back but its good to know where to start...

A

Actually I found them to be similar (possibly a tiny bit bigger) my normal (non maternity) bras. In a lot of the other (non-wired) nursing bras I tried I was finding H and HH cups a squeeze so compared to those I suppose they're huge.

Quite a few of the reviews complain about the clips too and I have to say, they are a little awkward. That said, I haven't found them at all difficult to undo one handed, but I do need two to do them up again (I did though with the usual ones too so it hasn't bothered me too much)

Honestly, this bra made me want to shout from the rooftops, or at least march down to the BF workshop and round up the bigger breasted women and tell them all about it.

Good luck with it, I hope you find something that works for you.