> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Are you sure it's human? We have the occasional

> > fox poo around our bins.

> >

>

> Foxes don't normally move bins out the way to take

> a dump.

Macutd has a very valid point. There are hardly any public loos. Whilst in no way condoning the perpetrator, It's extremely inconvenient for anyone working outdoors for long periods or anyone with a medical condition. We could certainly do with a loo in Lordship Lane, maybe our councillors could look into it.

Many decades ago, the people of ED requested a loo in Lordship Lane as various pubs were not sympathetic to those with weak bladders or had children in tow. The ideal site was identified - North Cross Road by the electricity sub station but it was not to be. Many cafes have toilets at the very back of the premises and staff will question non customers. Other premises have toilets down steep flights of stairs - not ideal if you have mobility problems or have young children.

I would find it difficult to go into a caf? and ask for the loo - and would feel obliged to purchase something on the way back from toilet. A caf? in Peckham has it's toilets locked up and you have to ask staff to give you the keys and this can take some time if they are busy. I can understand why they do this as by a railway station which does not have a loo.

Me too, Pugwash. The only place on LL I can think of where I'd feel comfortable going in just for that is the library (where the facilities are often in a horrible state and sometimes closed) or, further away, Sainsbury's DKH.

When the indoor market existed, where Brick House is now, you could walk in there but I can't think of anywhere else. In Peckham there's MacDonalds and Morrisons at least.

Robert Poste's Child Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Me too, Pugwash. The only place on LL I can think

> of where I'd feel comfortable going in just for

> that is the library (where the facilities are

> often in a horrible state and sometimes closed)

> or, further away, Sainsbury's DKH.

>

> When the indoor market existed, where Brick House

> is now, you could walk in there but I can't think

> of anywhere else. In Peckham there's MacDonalds

> and Morrisons at least.

I don't want to speak for the Cherry Tree but a couple of times after getting off at ED station I've nipped in there for a "comfort break" and their attitude has always been "go ahead, no worries". I do drink there as well, but staff I've never seen before don't seem to have problem.

I don't think if anyone is caught short that you can't find a loo.

Who knows what was going on with this particular individual at this particular time.

It's not a nice find and that fact that they left it for someone to clean up is really vile. I would have been fuming.

I?ve recently heard that over-enthusiastic use of stimulants can bring on an urgent need to open the bomb bay. There?s also a rumour / maybe urban myth that Charlie is sometimes cut with laxatives. Perhaps the poopertrator had a chemically accelerated metabolism?