I saw a 172 'special service' head up Forest Hill Rd towards Honor Oak..?

Frankito

I believe it's being investigated as an alternative to extending the 63 to Honor Oak Park station, as there no standing room for a bus there, so instead they were talking about extending the 172 past Honor Oak Park and around to Forest Hill Road. I'm not sure how far it would be travelling on from there.

No, you were referring to Honor Oak Park station.

If it were a Tube station it would have a Tube line through it, which it doesn't.

If it were in Honor Oak, it would not be in Honor Oak Park, which it is.

Frankito Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Sorry dear, I should have been more specific just

> for u: I was referring to Honor Oak Tube Station!

> >:D

>

>

> Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > wot u on about mostly all the buses in ED touch

> a

> > tube station!

It's a tube to me too! :)-D

> Bring on the pedantics.....! It's a 'tube' station

> to me and many others, probably the nearest Iam

> ever going to get to one at least whilst living

> where I do.....

Frankito Wrote:

> Bring on the pedantics.....! It's a 'tube' station

> to me and many others, probably the nearest Iam

> ever going to get to one at least whilst living

> where I do.....

It's amazing the places that ARE on the tube network these days...

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4p36OhwW0-Bt9mpN35RsTZqiDs60ESmbfTVd2fpHkqT-ue5BH

binary_star Wrote:

> The DLR is also on that map. Just sayin'.

Quite! The Tube map only shows TfL-managed services.

But then as lots of the Underground is overground and quite a bit of the Overground is underground, maybe I should stop worrying and love the bomb/get out more...

Don't get your hopes up! I would have expected that the Peckham Rye Councillors (hoped?) would be consulted/contacted about any plans to extend the 172. I've heard nothing, we are still continuing with the extend the 63 campaign. The reason that so far we have had no success, is on the grounds of cost. (Boris, unfortunately, has not been supportive). I doubt if it was too costly to extend the 63 4 stops, it would be any cheaper to extend the 172 from the Brockley Rise end.

Renata

Frankito Wrote:

> So competitive....! >:D

> jctg Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > On Friday 1 July I saw a no.78 bus (with the

> > destination Shoreditch) on the M1 heading north

> > just south of Watford Gap services. This is

> true.

That's nothing...

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSuOsu-K69YGvtFS_FePBe4sqdNa4D5sVp4sGmGQtCpdZ-NeoqDA