> telephone call, and restating the details, and

> that has has always brought results. If you don't

> report the problem they won't know. We all make

> mistakes sometimes - it's not fair to expect

> Southwark staff/contractors to be better then

> ourselves.

> If there is a problem with the website (as tomsav

> found), I'm sure they would find it very helpful

> if you send an email to report the issue.

xxxxxxx

I think the issue this time is not just one person's bin being missed - that would be completely understandable.

It's that judging even just by posts on this forum (and bear in mind that a lot of people won't read or post on the forum) the problem is wider than that.

My brown bin was in full view, and in fact had to be moved so that the recycling in my blue box could be taken out. Which is why I wonder whether it is a different team doing the brown bin recycling.

It's possible that it was just Ulverscroft Road which was missed, which was why I also wondered whether the other people who said their food waste hadn't been collected yesterday all lived on that road. I know one does.

Yes of course it could be, that's what I'm trying to ascertain :)

Whatever happened it was obviously a mistake, I'm not suggesting anybody did it deliberately! But if it was due to a lack of communication, that's rather worse - a failure of good PR on the first day of a new scheme, to say the least.

That's interesting as Crystal Palace Road is just round the corner from Ulverscroft Road, sounds like it could have been this whole area.

Who else was supposed to have a Tuesday collection? Or is it the whole of East Dulwich?

Hi Sue. peterstorm1985,

I contacted the head of environment services at Southwark who stated they have a problem with the call centre. Not clear whether volume of calls related to missed collections or the call centre itself. Eitherway anyone with problems feel free to escalate to me.

Cassius Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Tuesday - blue bin emptied early morning, brown

> bin emptied mid afternoon.

Must be different teams then.

Looks like the non-collection might have been just around the Crystal Palace Road/Ulverscroft Road area.

Do you live at the "bottom" end of CPR, Horsebox, ie around North Cross Road?

We've had different teams collecting the different types of recycling since the pilot scheme started, so do expect that the 3 types are taken at differing times in the day.

In our road I generally find the brown/green bins are taken earlier in the morning, and the dry recycling later in the day.

Sue Wrote:

> Cassius Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Tuesday - blue bin emptied early morning, brown

> > bin emptied mid afternoon.

>

> Must be different teams then.

>

> Looks like the non-collection might have been just

> around the Crystal Palace Road/Ulverscroft Road

> area.

>

> Do you live at the "bottom" end of CPR, Horsebox,

> ie around North Cross Road?

Nope. Plough end.

Still no response from council website...

SAme thing here,the council suggested we share the caddy between the 2 flats! Still trying to get the right combination of bins so that we can do the correct scheme and also fit the stuff outside the house. I was told that nothing would be done until it had all launched. All this and then have to agree with the neighbours on what bins we should have, politics!

Bizarrely, having switched us to a Wednesday collection (and collecting brown and blue yesterday), a truck came round to collect the green bin waste this morning, which isn't due until next Wednesday. When I asked the chap what was going on, he said the dates were all messed up and we wouldn't have another collection for three weeks!

peckhamboy Wrote:

When I asked the chap what

> was going on, he said the dates were all messed up

> and we wouldn't have another collection for three

> weeks!

xxxxxx

Hmmm.

Piss-ups and breweries spring to mind ......

well, it's early days I suppose...

Not really surprising the call centre's not quite working but a bit annoying - have called and emailed 3 times over last 3 weeks. Now we finally have a brown bin but no blue bin and we're running out of space. I'm expecting it'll work out eventually bug in the meantime grrrrrrrrr

We seem to be having problems with lots of flies in the kitchen since using the kitchen caddy. Is anyone else having the same problem? Every time we open it more fly out and they're all over the kitchen and living room.

Ejhturner: Being part of the pilot scheme, I've used mine for months and haven't had a fly problem. Are they those little fruit flies? Perhaps make sure the vent at the top is closed so they can't get in to the goodies, and make sure you don't overfill so the top is always secured down.

My brown bin in Choumert Road still unemptied. We are 2 separate properties but look like one house so I guess they looked in my neighbours empty box and decided that was it. Mine was in the only space it can go behind the green bin!!

Emailed, but no reply to date.

My small brown bin was emptied around 1.30 yesterday.

Definitely by the council as sadly it coincided with my leaving on an Ikea trip, and I and two other cars had to reverse down the road between two rows of parked cars plus one double parked, and then do an illegal (I think) reverse turn back into North Cross Road to get out of the way of the ****** lorry.

Bad enough having to go to Ikea without that :))

So, can we expect another emptying on Tuesday when it's supposed to happen, or what?

Sue Wrote:

> My small brown bin was emptied around 1.30

> yesterday.

> >

> So, can we expect another emptying on Tuesday when

> it's supposed to happen, or what?

My large Brown Bin still not emptied dispite living in same road..

Fox