Offensive graffiti on newsagent, Underhill Road

I was out for an evening walk with my other half, and we came across a young guy spraying Punjabi graffiti in massive letters over LNI Newsagents on Underhill Road. I won't repeat what's written, but it's pretty obviously offensive (both in Punjabi (Google tells me) and English). My girlfriend is 8.5 months pregnant so we didn't confront him but took a video tried to call the police. We then shouted at him and he ran away. His face was covered with what looked like a black bin bag.

We've reported it online. I'll let the owners know tomorrow. Don't know what else we can do, but thought I'd put it on EDF anyway. I suspect the police may be more interested than they usually are given that it looks targeted and possibly racist.

Hi KK / IanR

Yes, that's right. the purple shop. It was on their shutters, so only visible when they are shut. I popped in yesterday on my way back from work, but the guy in there spoke very limited English and didn't seem to be aware of what had happened. Hopefully I'll catch the business owner at some point.

They'll probably want to do something about it as it's not great for kids passing etc

KidKruger Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Well, not for kids that can read Hindi / Punjabi

> swear words translated into English script, true.

> I hear the culprit was wearing a 'crash helmet', I

> guess that could have been a bin liner.

A trash helmet, perhaps?