Dulwich Hill councillors

Good evening all

My name is Maggie Browning and I am one of the newly elected councillors for Dulwich Hill ward, along with my ward colleague Jon Hartley. We just wanted to say hello and thank you to everyone in Dulwich Hill who voted for us on May 3rd. It is a privilege and an honour to have been elected and we look forward to working closely with the community over the next 4 years to represent all local residents to the very best of our ability.

We will circulate details of surgeries in due course, but in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact us about any casework issues you would like to raise. Our contact details are [email protected] and [email protected].

Thank you and best wishes,

Maggie

If you want to pick up on (some of) the things happening in your neck of the woods, and peoples' concerns then this forum (and particularly this set of threads) will give you some quick insights. It's not representative, of course - I suspect that it under-represents younger people for instance - but it's good for day-to-day local issues. Even if something isn't happening in Dulwich Hill itself the chances are it will have knock-on effects on your constituents, or is symptomatic of their concerns too. And it's a good sounding board for you as well. James Barber's significant personal following (which, in part at least couldn't follow him into the new ward structure) stemmed at least in part from his evidenced commitment to his old ED Ward on this forum, and not just on strictly party political lines either.

You will find that 'seeing to be done' can be as important as 'doing' in local politics. And being prepared to stand up to robust political debate more frequently that just once every 3 years.

And remember (as I have also said to your colleagues in the other bit of the old ED ward), you are our representatives, not the representatives of the council officers. They didn't elect you, we did.