Council Enforcement Officers in Dulwich Park

In 15 years I've never seen anyone cycling around it at 25mph! Most cyclists do stick to the limit - not hard to gauge as it's just faster than brisk walking pace. You get the odd lycra lout or teenager doing closer to 10mph in short bursts but for any serious cyclist it must be a discouraging route unless it's cold, raining or dusk.

When we had dogs, apart from the designated dog walk area, we could let the dogs off the lead only on what was known as the cricket field. ( Right hand big field from Court Lane gate) everywhere else was on leads. Mind you that was some years ago.

The problem I have is those dogs on extendable leads, some owners seem to walk about 10 feet behind especially in crowded area. I feel they are a trip hazard especially for children and those who are not nimble on their feet

Pugwash Wrote:

-

>

> The problem I have is those dogs on extendable

> leads, some owners seem to walk about 10 feet

> behind especially in crowded area. I feel they are

> a trip hazard especially for children and those

> who are not nimble on their feet

You could not be more correct. I board dogs when Owners are away and I tell all prospective customers that I will not be using them in the park. The dogs will either be on conventional leads, or in 90%+ cases of the dogs I take in , off the lead altogether once we are in the park or field etc...though, at the end of the day, I am just a " hired hand" and have to adhere, strictly, to the Owners requests and wishes.