Kitten found in Fellbrigg Road

redjam

Anyone lost a kitten on or around Fellbrigg Road? A little grey tabby has spent the last couple of days constantly burrowing its way into our cellar through a broken grate and is now hanging around sadly outside. We'd love to keep him/her but we already have a cat who is not amused by the intrusion! Not sure what to do with him as we feel bad chucking him out into the cold...

Last time I thought a cat was lost, I put a collar around his neck with a note attached. The very amused owners called to say he was not lost, just very curious. However given the fact it's a kitten, I would call the RSPCA or Battersea Dogs and Cats Homestraight away. They will be able to help you and check whether the poor little mite is microchipped. He might have an owner desesperate to find him. A vet would also be able to check a microchip for you for free I would imagine.

Shaggy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Last time I thought a cat was lost, I put a collar

> around his neck with a note attached. The very

> amused owners called to say he was not lost, just

> very curious. However given the fact it's a

> kitten, I would call the RSPCA or Battersea Dogs

> and Cats Homestraight away. They will be able to

> help you and check whether the poor little mite is

> microchipped. He might have an owner desesperate

> to find him. A vet would also be able to check a

> microchip for you for free I would imagine.

I don't believe a word of this post - it is just a Shaggy Dog Story!

I fed him this morning and put a blanket down for him in a sheltered spot, as he was still hanging around our front door and appeared to have spent the night in our hedge. He didn't seem like a long-term stray as he looked fairly healthy and was happy for me to pick him up, so I had hoped he would find his own way home yesterday. I was planning to phone round vets/contact RSPCA etc this afternoon if he was still there, but I now haven't seen him since lunchtime. Don't know whether to be pleased or not really! Let's hope he's now back with his own family, having a laugh at my expense... If he shows up again, I'll spring into action.

Always difficult to know what to do in these situations as you don't want to encourage cats if they have owners elsewhere, who might well be missing them. Our cat once led a double life and was fed by a neighbour for several months (mind you, he's enormously fat so I can't think how she didn't realise he already had a home!).