Parking a removal truck and waiting restriction dispensations

I need to move and arrange for a removal truck. I live in a road with no parking restrictions on one side of the road, and double yellow lines on the other. Most councils allow a temporary suspension of a parking bay, but AFAIK not in zones without controlled parking, so this is not an option.

Southwark also lets you apply for a 'waiting restriction dispensation':

https://www.southwark.gov.uk/parking/guide-to-parking/suspension-of-parking-bays

Would this allow me to keep a removal truck there for loading and unloading? I must confess I have never fully understood the rules on loading and unloading on double yellow lines: some say it's 20 minutes, some say it's 40, some say it depends on the council?? Anyway, the loading will clearly take more than 40 minutes.

Does any one know? Has any one gone through the same?

Or is my only option to effectively butter up and pay the fine that the blood-thirsty traffic warden, riding his scooter on L plates because he doesn't have an A licence and with a flip-up helmet most likely not certified to be used in the flip-up position, will surely give me with gusto?

@Sally Eva, There doesn't seem to be a phone number for the parking people at the council, or, if there is, I haven't managed to find it. I did email the council before posting here but no joy. I am aware that anything that is posted online without a source must be taken with a truckload of salt, but I figured I'd give it a shot.

@Rendel, yes, moving - well trying to, and not for a few more months. I'm going to miss the area and especially the parks, but commuting + sky-high house prices (despite London's generalised slump over the last year or so) are forcing me to leave. I'm not going to do the classical full-of-**** thing whereby you never admit to being priced out of an area, you are simply leaving because elsewhere is 'better'!

Yes, no more cycling debates! :) We have different opinions but at least we managed to keep the discussions civilised, which is quite rare in these days of online abuse and harassment!

In the spot I'm saying there are no indications of waiting times; you can park freely on one side, and there are double yellow lines on the other. I'm going to need a removal company with a biggish truck, not one of those vans you can drive on a car licence.

0207 708 8587 gets you straight through to the wardens.

they are not a perfect source of info but they might give you another number.

Also what you are told on the phone has little evidential weight, print is much more useful. Try escalating your question to a complaint. That seems to get through.

David Sole ([email protected]) is meant to be the intermediary with Apcoa but I have not found him responsive.