Building Work At Top of DKH

Gizzy

Does anyone know what the new building at the top of Dog Kennel Hill on the junction with Grove Hill Road is going to be? Its driving me nuts and every time I walk past it I think it looks more and more like new flats/a whole new house. The only thing that is making me doubt my guess is that they seem to have forgotten to leave space for windows in their brick work! The mystery and guessing continues........

Gizzy

....im also wondering if there is any sort of profit in doing something like that - building a new house in your front/back gardern and selling it on. They have been at it for a while and i cant imagine its a cheap undertaking. I have a small shed at the bottom of my gardern that i willing to knock down if it make me a shed load of cash!!

citizenED Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Probably like everyone else who ever gets on a bus

> up that way I too have been wondering about that

> development - conclusion: Alan Dale is building a

> watchtower to keep EDers out of Camberwell

On the contrary. Whilst I object to areas of Camberwell being renamed to dissociate them from the problem areas or associate them with East Dulwich I would actually like to see a lot more cross border trade.

I think that the new development will be a sharp looking modern house not unlike the one found along Stories Mews on the corner with Stories Road. That is a great house. Have a look...

"conclusion: Alan Dale is building a watchtower to keep EDers out of Camberwell"

:-D.

From looking at that development from car level, I've assumed that it's either going to be a house, or perhaps two flats.

Not for the first time I've noticed the two boarded up semi-detached houses across the road, going down the hill towards Sainsburys (next to the lock up garages), and I wonder what's happening to them. Does anyone know?

"The only thing that is making me doubt my guess is that they seem to have forgotten to leave space for windows in their brick work!"

Oh and I think they be concentrating the windows on the opposite side to the main road, which would be quite sensible in terms of overlooking the garden and cutting out road noise, etc.