Cleaning up Lordship Lane

TJMP Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> David,

> The bullet-pointed comments are verbatim advice

> from the police which Tessa was simply passing

> on.

> Tessa Jowell (Office)

So, no listening, no engagement with constituents, just one-way uncritical message broadcasting.

Come on, we want an MP, not a parrot. Please engage brain and backbone, and show some leadership.

Seriously, I'm really pleased that our MP is participating in this form, even if through the intermediary of her office. But please participate sincerely. People have made serious and hopefully constructive suggestions here about how to head off further unrest. What does our MP think of them?

Please don't use the forum as a place to cock a leg, spray someone else's wee, and then disappear again. That's disrespectful.

David,

Perhaps you should re-read Tessa's original post. It is in three parts:

First, her view of the situation as it stood earlier today and a short description of actions she has been taking and will continue to take over the next few days.

Second, and clearly described as such, is the advice that the police have asked to be passed on.

Third, a suggested point of help and support for those who own or work in local shops who may have been affected by recent events.

The first post was direct from Tessa and is marked accordingly. The later clarifications are via her office and are so described.

Tessa Jowell (Office)

OK, well this dialogue seems to be heading nowhere, so perhaps we should just move on.

I've posted twice trying to get a view of what our MP thinks of the suggestions made by several people on this thread, which Tessa's original post in this thread ignores (however much I re-read it).

Doesn't look like I'm going to find out. Shame, but consider me successfully stonewalled.