Power Plates - had to get rid of that tummy!

bethhs

Just wanted to share my joy at a little discovery I made a couple of months ago.

Had Zachariah 3 months ago and wanted to shed the baby weight. Obviously didn't want to be separated and he couldn't go without his feeds. Wanted to get into Power Plates as I had heard the success stories and had tried them once at my old gym. Searched and searched and found Fitness for Everybody in London Bridge - a great personal training and Power Plate studio that would even let me take Zach along with me! A quick train ride away too which was handy!

Jane (Dowling) and the other trainers are really warm and friendly and great with Zach being around. I actually prefer my body now than before the pregnancy! A few of my friends have asked me if I know of a place like this, passed it on to them and thought I would share this little gem with even more Mums! My first session was also free :)

Here's the website, I would recommend it to anyone looking to get in a workout in the week and be able to bring their baby along: www.fitnessforeverybody.co.uk

I have been to the above place but have been far more impressed by High Vibes on Melbourne Grove (www.highvibe.co.uk). Not only did I fine it handier and cheaper than the above, the workout is far more impressive (IMO)and has had great results.

Gianni is so tolerant of children also, has made it so easy for me. A super quick effective workout in half an hour on my doorstep can't ask for more than that! I know I do sound a bit evangelical about it all but truely couldn't be happier.

oops sorry just looked back. You do an exercise routine (depending on level) on the Vibrogym machine. These machines are the same as power plates but (again IMO) more powerful. They were developed for astronauts to maintain muscle tone I think (hmm this could be dodgy info on my part but am pretty sure I read this). You can do a free taster session then you book a course where Gianni (or Chrissy) do a one to one session for half an hour with you tailoring the session to your needs.

I am a member now and so follow a workout devised by Gianni on my own but he does classes, there are lots of different options depending on whether you like to work alone or not.

I see quite a lot of people in there with babies, my son is a bit older but he is in his buggy. I just try to time it when it is not too busy. It isn't a creche, so don't want to misrepresent it but I have found them nothing but accomodating. But is so quick it is feasible to fit in around other stuff also.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...