Kingsdale Cheating on Exams

How disgusted were my family and I to see that a school that has turned itself around has been attacked in this way

Why would a school that has come so far allow silly vengeful people to tarnish it' s name I blame kingsdale for employing teachers like booboo who obviously couldn't cut it as they only worked there for a year. I had the opportunity to tour the school as a local resident and had found it to be nothing but excellent, I must admit we were very skeptical about going but if my children were not grown up I would of been more than happy to have sent them to this school. Looking at what booboo had to say it would not surprise me if this was the person that went to the exam board. Let's hope that they are no longer teaching as if they had any sense they would find another career maybe a mystery shopper would suit them better. The residents of dulwich do not agree with booboo and booboo themself need to stay in peckham. Do not try to lower our tone to your level with your nonsense it is not wanted or warranted

Hmmmmm I would suggest working there yourself to see what it's like. Don't get me wrong, the teaching staff and the pupils are absolutely lovely and not to blame for this sort of thing. The problem is the senior management. You have overqualified, talented teachers who are undervalued and overburdened with petty school politics.

Dumdum I know it's your first ever posting here, but I'm afraid I don't really follow what you are saying...

"I blame kingsdale for employing teachers like booboo who obviously couldn't cut it as they only worked there for a year. I had the opportunity to tour the school as a local resident and had found it to be nothing but excellent, I must admit we were very skeptical about going but if my children were not grown up I would of been more than happy to have sent them to this school."

So if I understand your only ever posting, you are saying that you 'toured' the school once and are able to state from that, with confidence, that it is excellent and presumably also that you know the allegations of exam cheating are bogus (based on that one 'tour')? Also, if your children were not grown up, you would of [sic] been more than happy to have sent them to Kingsdale.... so why were you there doing a tour? How can you be so sure?

I'm not saying the allegations from the 6 whistleblowers are correct, but I just don't follow how you can be so adamant you are correct, based on what appears to be almost no first hand contact with the place.

Thoroughly agree, dulwichbloke.

Also, you do know that most of the deemed 'problem children' are taken on trips around central London during these tours to hide them away from the prospective middle-class parents? Perhaps that's why you had such an amazing time there.

> The residents of dulwich do not agree with booboo and booboo themself need to stay in peckham.

> Do not try to lower our tone to your level with your nonsense it is not wanted or warranted

Who needs a forum? ;-)

But welcome anyway. If you're not already aware of it, you'll also find some some members already making desperate atttempts to pretend to exchange opinions on the topic at http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?29,712491.

Bizarre post from "dumdum"... I looked round the school once, therefore I know more about it than you...

However, the speculation by the OP seems rather inappropriate given that an investigation is in progress, and rather unprofessional (assuming they're still in the same line of work).

> can we stop this thread now?

I don't object to hearing of the allegations, and at least one voice in rebuttal. I also think it's better, and in the public interest, that we should all at least have been made aware that there are apparently some serious underlying tensions and dissatisfactions at the school that probably aren't going to disappear spontaneously.

But I'm also happy to leave the investigations in the hand of the investigators, and not to reach any great conclusions of my own in the meantime. I don't think the continuing ping-pong match of opinions here is going to be of much further use to us. Those opinions are going to be be irrelevant to the investigators, who'll presumably see their role as actually or akin to a quasi-judicial one, and they're unlikely to be of benefit to anyone else. So I guess enough has been said, and a period of schtumm does sound not a bad idea.

As an ex Kingsdale student I am disgusted to hear about this. When I attended the school things were never this bad, but there were times where the staff could be unprofessional. Kingsdale always maintainable the exams to the highest performance possible. I don't see how or why they would need to cheat as their results have been good every year. It shocks me to think that things have changed so much since I left 3 years ago but then again things can change. We just have to wait and see what the investigation turns up...