Pregnancy/Baby Brain! Your anecdotes, please!

my nan had a craving for coal apparently with one of her children. It is the weirdest craving I've ever heard of... can't help but laugh at the thought of my nan with soot around her mouth chowing down on the coal!

I've been craving ice cubes like nobodies buisness. I've been getting through 30 a day and, yes, I do crunch them as if eating a sarnie.

Today I tried to collapse the maclaren with 19mo still in and started cursing the folding mechanism. Wasn't until I bent down to inspect that I realised; take baby OUT of pushchair first. I've done this with all our prams.

Another weird crush- Russell Tovey aka that werewolf bloke from Being Human.

Happy for all of my idiocy and username to be used :)

Not quite a baby brain story but I became obsessed about being able to park our car outside our house towards the end of my pregnancy. I'd go out and move it along the street space by space until it was directly outside. Someone dared to leave their van outside for a week and I went crazy. I suggested to mr jb that he should let down their tyres. He reminded me that that probably wouldn't be the best way to encourage them to move!

I?m loving these stories

EDMummy my mother did the same thing. Once she got put my coat on and went downstairs to get her coat, she picked up her keys and left the house. It was only when she got to the bottom of the road and a neighbour asked how the baby was doing did she remember she left me dressed on the bed!!

My baby brain often involved my car. On one occasion after leaving work I discovered my car had been stolen, I called my OH in a tearful panic as I had left all the new baby stuff in the boot. It turns it hadn?t been stolen, I had simply parked the car on another side road:)

Also a number of times I found myself trying to use my car key to open someone else car. It wasn?t until the real owner turned up and pointed out I was at the wrong car that I realised the mistake

Went with children (youngest 2} to visit my friend not long after she'd had her baby, she got me to tube, said

our goodbyes, was let through together at gate with pram and kids only to hear my friend shouting for me, I'd taken her baby, forgetting I hadn't taken a pram that day.

She said she was so used to seeing me with a pram she didnt think anything when I wheeled her away.

Daughter with both her pregnancies had a craving for rubber and carried a hot water bottle around to sniff. Her OH got a bit worried when he found her sniffing the spare tyre in the boot.

Son in law tells story of when older brother (1st child) was born in Belfast, his mother wheeled the pram over a mile away to the nearest shops and returned home. It was not until his grandmother (later) asked where her grandchild was that mum realised she had parked the pram outside the shop and forgotten him. Ran back to the shop to find son fast asleep where she had left him. This was during 'the troubles'

My Mum left me in countless shops as a baby- she's park me out of the way, go to get a few bits fromth freezer, then walk off.

I keep giving my sons dob incorrectly- always give my own. Usually at the GP, they look at me as if to say "that's a very small 26y/o..."

When I was filling out school nursery enrolment forms, I had to text my husband to ask whether daughter's birthday was the 16th or the 17th :-$ I ALWAYS forget, I blame it on the fact that I went in to hospital to be induced on the 16th... so to me it was just one long day!

Parents muddling up DOB's is something I'd regularly see in ED so don't worry RB, I'd find it amusing when asking parents if the child had allergies how often the parent would look at the child as if they had it written on their foreheads!!

Twice during my pregnancy I shopped in Just William, the first time I realised a day later I'd left my debit card in their machine - luckily was in their safe & I could collect it. The 2nd time I was extra cautious about taking my card & ensuring it was in my purse, hot home & found I'd left the present in the shop! Really luckily they'd kept it for me to collect & the assistant was as relieved that I'd gone to check it was there as I was that it'd been kept!

I totally did that with Seb when he was at a+e a few weeks ago "Does he have any allergies?" "Errrr, hmm, penicillin? oh wait no that's me..."

D'oh!

I saw a MW at the post-dates clinic today, and she was pregnant too. Went to take some bloods, put the tourniquet on my right arm, then stabbed my left arm, sans tourniquet. Luckily, I have good veins that are practically on the outside of my body, so it didn't hurt, but she was really apologetic and mortified- thought she was going to cry, poor love.

Morning, baby brainers!

Just thought I'd share the dream I just had. Not sure if it's just my own head or because I'm nearly 7 mths pregnant:

I dreamed that my husband caught and cooked a 'Simpsons' style googley eyed fish for his boss. He had to serve it face down to hide the eyes. Meanwhile, I had gone off to run 5K for charity, only I'd forgotten my trainers and turned up in my wellies. I got a few hundred meters round, took them off, and then got distracted by a large dining table full of fruit and dough products. Graham Norton then started talking to me and comparing wellies as he had some nice ones in bright green. I then noticed that we were on a train. Getting off the train, I saw my husband dressed up in a cardboard suit shoving bin bags into a lorry. He said he wanted to 'do something for the community'. I berated him because we had guests at home waiting for him and I couldn't entertain them alone because I was painting THE SHOWER!

Any ideas?

Helena

This thread is hilarious.

I remember being so nervous about driving with a newborn - took such care with making sure the car seat was properly clicked in, baby was secure, comfortable, etc. One time, after satisfied baby was good to go, I got into the car and buckled up - on the passenger's side. Neighbour walked by, I was so embarrassed I said I was just waiting for my husband. Waited until they were completely out of sight until I moved over.

I forgot to put the water in the stove top espresso machine. Gas element, I thought gosh it's taking a long time, hmmm whats that smell, should open the window perhaps, but where is it coming from? Bette r check the coffee, tried to pickup the pot but the handle almost came off by itself at which point I thought there must be something wrong with the pot (it was new) then clicked.... The rubber seal had also melted so the whole thing was glued together.

I have a cat litter box that has a cover. Took it downstairs to empty it and noticed it that it was so heavy, I could hardly carry it. I battled on and finally got it to the kitchen where I put it down. The cat then walked out of it. It hadn't even occurred to me that she might actually still be in it.

More cravings I've heard about this morning:

* Furniture polish

* 17 Weetabix a day!

* Frobscottle anyone? The fizzy drink where the bubbles go down instead of up in Roald Dahl's book The BFG. I always imagined how it tasted... and now I want it. Lots of it. Even though I've never tasted it. And it doesn't exist.

That last one is mine. Weird.

jills Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> This thread is hilarious.

>

> I remember being so nervous about driving with a

> newborn - took such care with making sure the car

> seat was properly clicked in, baby was secure,

> comfortable, etc. One time, after satisfied baby

> was good to go, I got into the car and buckled up

> - on the passenger's side. Neighbour walked by, I

> was so embarrassed I said I was just waiting for

> my husband. Waited until they were completely out

> of sight until I moved over.

That is brilliant!!

Mrs Nicklin Wrote:

> I have a cat litter box that has a cover. Took it

> downstairs to empty it and noticed it that it was

> so heavy, I could hardly carry it. I battled on

> and finally got it to the kitchen where I put it

> down. The cat then walked out of it. It hadn't

> even occurred to me that she might actually still

> be in it.

More tea on my keyboard!!

Mrs Nicklin Wrote:

> More cravings I've heard about this morning:

>

> * Furniture polish

> * 17 Weetabix a day!

> * Frobscottle anyone?

At the end of my twin pregnancy virtually all I ate was cheese strings (those rubbery things)