Buildings insurance - subsidence

I'm aware that a number of properties in our area have historically suffered from subsidence in one form or another, and so hoped someone might have any useful thoughts on where to obtain buildings (and contents) insurance? My house had an issue a number of years ago and unfortunately my current insurers have written to me to say that the insurer which they used is no longer on their panel and they have not been able to obtain alternative cover so my house is uninsured in a few weeks...!

Thanks very much for any pointers.

(I have seen a separate thread on here about using Aviva - that seemed to be focussed on contents only, rather than buildings insurance, but I will give them a try anyway)

Having had our home underpinned in 1992, we have had problems with buildings insurance ever since.

A previous EDF member suggested getting a structural engineers report on the property, which we did.

Having a good bill of health from the structural engineer, I contacted about six different brokers and insurance companies emailing them the structural engineers report.

The broker who we decided upon details as follows -:

Ms Karen Landa

Commercial & General Insurance Services

Suite C10 Arena Business Centre

Nine Nimrod Way

Ferndown

Dorset

BH21 7SH Phone 0800 731 6242.

Our Insurance is with "Insurance Corporation" a subsidiary company of "Royal & Sun Alliance"

Hoping this proves helpful.

Our house was underpinned in 2000 with the total claim coming to just over ?100k - yes, ?100,000. After this, quotes for insurance were just silly prices.

I found and was happy with a broker "Bureau Insure" who sent a chap around to assess the house (5 minutes and not what I'd call a survey). They found an insurance company quoting around half the price I had from my existing one.

Bureau Insure have recently been taken over by Risk Alliance who so far have continued with decent renewal quotes for buildings.

https://www.riskalliance.co.uk/private-clients.html