Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

Well expect to be named in the paper as being successfully 'converted' by the veggies then, Brendan.

So, for the South London press, Tom's list of successful PEOPLE AND BUSINESSES WHO AGREE TO STOP SELLING FOIS GRAS

- EDT (It'll just be chips, gravy and peas now, though occasionally baby panda when in season)

- Blue Brick Cafe (that they convinced a veggie cafe to stop selling fois gras is just amazing.)

- 120 Veggies and Vegans (who have all replaced it with forced rhubarb)

- Dulwich Hardware

- A Hairdresser

- Brendan

The Prince Albert has agreed not to serve Foie Gras. I will be in the Telegraph next week congratulating them.

The Guardian Food Monthly is coming to do a double feature on the Drovers and the Pulse cafe - neither of which is serving Foie Gras. Then we are all going for a slap-up feed at Starburger.

Alan Medic Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> >

> Read the OP again Loz. Who said anything about a

> protest or demands? Thomas has every right to

> encourage people if he so chooses. Where has he

> issued a threat? You would think HE had done

> something wrong given the tone of your post.

I asked a question, Alan, as I am allowed to do if I so choose. Thomas has so far chosen not to answer, which is also his right. People can make of that what they will, which is, of course, their right.

DJKillaQueen Wrote:

> Loz...I think the argument for the banning of the

> gras has been well made and without it being a

> vegeterian crusade. Give Thomas a break.

But it is a vegetarian crusade. As I said, there is a difference between convincing individual people not to eat fois gras versus running around leaning on people not to sell an entirely legal product.

But just to give it a go

Sometimes your humorlessness knows no bounds. Like a VIZ stereotype

Most people I know use ponce as defined by Urban Dictionary - ie

"An individual who attempts to fake having intelligence, class, or culture."

But forget that - someone who uses the language as precisely as TedMax, and you want to call him out on offensiveness?

I genuinely give up

Ted might apologise, but if you dare correlate the centuries old oppression of an entire race by a long standing word, with the very occasional use of the word "ponce" to describe gay people, you and I are having a proper falling out

Nigger is unambiguous. Ponce has many meanings and uses. And you should trust people a bit more and wag your finger a bit less. And that's coming from ME fer cryin out loud!

StraferJack Wrote:

> But just to give it a go

>

> Sometimes your humorlessness knows no bounds. Like

> a VIZ stereotype

>

> Most people I know use ponce as defined by Urban

> Dictionary - ie

>

>

> "An individual who attempts to fake having

> intelligence, class, or culture."

>

> But forget that - someone who uses the language as

> precisely as TedMax, and you want to call him out

> on offensiveness?

>

> I genuinely give up

Anyone who is on this forum often enough can surely see what was meant? The trouble with people who are quick to take offence all the time means that when it is possibly justified, no-one can be bothered to listen anymore.

That thread where the lyrics to a Pogues song were complained about spring to mind.

katie1997 Wrote:

> Anyone who is on this forum often enough can

> surely see what was meant? The trouble with

> people who are quick to take offence all the time

> means that when it is possibly justified, no-one

> can be bothered to listen anymore.

>

Never a truer word spoken.