Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

I'm not too bothered about the "restriction of choice" argument. Any restaurant that removes it from the menu obviously agrees with Thomas' campaign - if they didn't, they'd keep serving it.

It's not been on the menu in Franklins whenever I've eaten there, anyway. Beauberry House is a moot point as they don't actually have any customers.

*sighs*

Jezza, it's not about whether or not the restaraunt complies, it's about whether some jumped up teddy bear juggler thinks he has the right to pursue this agenda. Whether he's successful or not is by the bye.

Thomas genuinely thinks he has the right to make other people conform to his ridiculous perspective.

The thing for me, and the most important thing, is that other people think this argument is about Foie Gras. It's not. It's about a petty extremist, who in his own words, wants to 'make' people conform to his outlook.

*Bob*'s irritation (whether he admits it or not) is based on the fact that he doesn't understand why this is important to me. Neither does Ted Max, and neither does Jah Lush. You're probably scratching your own head.

The fact is that some intellectually challenged arse brain is aiming to take away your choices. There's no more important fight.

Huggie, it's all a question of interpretation and, in my humble opinion, to call Tommyboy an extremist is in itself verging on the extreme, hysterical even. Were he to be planting land mines in Dulwich Park opposite the Foie Gras takeaway then yes, such actions are worthy of condemnation however that doesn't appear to be the case thus far.

And in terms of taking away our choices, FG is such an insignificant part of my life that I don't care much either way. Now if he were trying to impose a ban on all meat products being bought/ consumed in SE22 then perhaps your comments would be more suited. Vegans do what they do for a reason; I will never be one and the few I know personally stopped preaching to me a long time ago as they knew I wasn't interested.

Has Tommy or anyone else stopped me from satisfying my occasional taste for a bit of FG? No!

Will they ever? Err, no

Have they made me more aware of the process that goes into producing this? Slightly.

Has my conscience been affected? Not much

Am I human? Very much so.

Is my life over because one restaurant has taken a startervoff it's menu? Not really.

Is FG as important as water, which I personally rely on? No.

Is Tommy Taliban material? Too early to tell really.

Is it time to move on and draw a line under this? Definitely! Please....

Have you made your point in a clever and entertaining way? Probably although like FG, less is more!

Am I intellectually challenged? I hide it well on my cv but scratch the surface and the caveman is out!

Are you going to go after me next? Probably more likely after this.

What are my chances of surviving a Huggie attack? Average for ED although above the national average for sure!

I admire people's passion for standing up for the cause

Hg is up as he lives in a diiferent time zone. Franky is up early as she prolly ate too much red meat last night in Franklins :)). I'm up early as have a babe to feed ( meat free at the mo). LadyD, what's your excuse?

Go tommy go.

Only coz he's already stated that's his agenda Frankie.

"The quicker we understand what in Dulwich isn?t vegan, the quicker we can make it vegan!"

That's what he said.

Thomas Micklewright has an agenda here. He has no intention of listening to anyone, or persuading anyone. He wants to 'make' people conform. Did you know he has a campaign running to stop Parmesan Cheese in ED retaurants?

Bizarre?

I sound like I'm escalating, but I'm not. I'm just quoting what he's already said. I'm not having a tantrum. ;-)

Karter, fyi: a am a he and not a she...

Getting up at 6am weekdays means that I am also awake same time at the weekends. EDF has replaced morning reading for me, far more entertaining..!

Huggie, I wasn't aware about the parmeggiano thing, bizarre indeed; not sure why anyone would want to ban it and again, not sure I care. I am sure Tommyboy has commented previously on his over-enthusiasm with his statement on converting us all. I think it's safe to say that will probably never happen.

No, I don't think it will happen either, I'm just mortally offended that he thinks he should. It's not arrogant, it's borderline sociopathic.

There are, of course, good reasons for banning Parmesan if you're a veggie. It uses rennet in its manufacture. I think this is a sound argument, and I would respond to it and do a taste test.

Thomas Mickelwright actually thinks that its cool and clever to avoid this debate, and just to prevent us from having the choice.

He thinks he's a hero.