Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

titch juicy Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Huguenot- the restaurants aren't obliged to take

> foie gras off the menu, if someone asks them to.

> Surely they would do what they thought was best

> for the business.

>

> If they did decide to take it off the menu, for

> moral or business reasons- you have the freedom of

> choice to eat elsewhere.

>

> It's not Tom Micklewright's choice to remove it

> from the menu, it's the restaurants.

Huguenot?

Otta Wrote:

> Make it stop, make it stop, make it stop!!!

>

> It's like Groundhog Day, I keep clicking this

> thread, but nothing new has actually been said

> since about page ... 2?

>

> Just let it die in peace, like an old aged goose!

Not until we (that's not the assumed 'we' of benevolent coercion but the implicit 'we' of a group of ugly men with torches) have caused its liver to explode and can all lick bits off the walls of this thread.

*crouches with a small bottle of truffle oil - waiting to spring... and smoking next to a fucking patio heater fuck you*

Huguenot Wrote:

> It's irrelevant tj.

>

> Mickelwright is campaigning to take choice away

> from other people. He's not trying to persuade

> people of his personal convictions regarding Foie

> Gras, he's trying to cut off the lines of supply.

...and the restaurant doesn't have to remove it

Huguenot Wrote:

> It's irrelevant tj.

>

> Mickelwright is campaigning to take choice away

> from other people. He's not trying to persuade

> people of his personal convictions regarding Foie

> Gras, he's trying to cut off the lines of supply.

so by that rationale- protestors disagreeing with the war in the middle east are fine, but if they start demanding that the government remove british soldiers from afghanistan, they are out of order?

The argument always holds up - when it comes to public issues we have a parliamentary process to go through regarding legislation preventing objectionable behaviour.

If you're aware of issues surrrounding products produced using socially unacceptable methods then that's what publicity is for.

We don't give license to individuals to act unilaterally acccording to their own whims, because there's an awful lot of people out there with some very strange convictions. I really don't get why this is so hard to understand.

Still not getting it tj - I'm not criticising Mickelwrights convictions, and I'm not challenging his right to protest. If he wants to perition parliament I'll celebrate his commitment.

I'm criticising his methods - subterfuge and manipulation to get his own way. I'm criticising his belief that this makes him heroic. I'm criticising his belief that his own views are more important that anyone elses.

If Mickelwright thought that restaurants made their own minds up, then he wouldn't be lobbying them.

If Mickelwright didm't want to take away our choice of what to eat, then he wouldn't be targeting restaurants at all.

Since he posted on here, he clearly feels that increasing the size of his gang will increase the pressue on restauraters.

This is the reality - the arguments in support of his behaviour contradict themselves.

Remind me again.. is the 74th or 75th time Huge has diverted and expanded a minor point of nothingness to biblical proportions - simply in order fuel his personal vanity debating project? I've lost count.

And can someone please lower me a rope? I've fallen into the deep well of sadness.. again. Hay-yelp.

This is Thomas Mickelwright from October last year:

"The quicker we understand what in Dulwich isn?t vegan, the quicker we can make it vegan!"

There's no real talk there of simply having an opinion, he's quite clear that he wants to make us go vegan.