Your views on Foie Gras

Thomas Micklewright

Haha yep it was bacon sandwiches that made my younger brother fall off the veggie wagon (after being brainwashed by me when I used to be veggie. He had also agreed to save all his pocket money to contribute towards a horse that I wanted.) Those were the days.

Do you mean sweetbreads? (thymus or pancreas usually veal or lamb) If they're not soaked for long enough and blanched properly the flavour will suffer. I like my offal mixed like in a haggis or in faggots which I ate a lot growing up in the Midlands.

Faggots, gravy and mushy peas in a batch with pepper and vinegar! slurrrp.

Good for you strafer.

I dont currently have the money at the moment to always buy from pretty's or smbs, although wa sin there today and their tomatoes are super, great taste!

i recently read a book 'we want real food' which really spurred me on to buy organic and local. Hopefully ill have the money soon and then yes you'll see me at the grocers all the time!

although a vegan who is against all animal products, I am please in dulwich we have good butchers / moxons for fish, so i would encourage people who do it meat to source it from there.

thomas

Thomas Micklewright Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> do you guys only eat meats from butchers then?

No...

I get Pork & Beef direct from the farmer/smallholder. Some from Smithfield market or the Butcher. Some from the shoot/gamekeeper during the season.

NETTE:)

Thomas - don't forget potential tomato theft :) (btw, can you not grow some in pots or a window box or share an allotment or something?)

Some supermarkets do sell good British (from East Anglia) tomatoes at a fairly reasonable price. Just don't put them anywhere near the fridge when you get home. I think its Morrisons that do these so you don't have to splash out at some of the pricier delis.

I'm more of a foodie than an animal rights activist, but in this case I support Tom's campaign and was one of the people who asked Beauberry House to take foie gras off the menu. It is good to see that local restaurants take customer feedback seriously - everyone should have the right (and initiative!) to speak up for what they want & do not want to see on local menus.

There are plenty of food choices - veggie & meat alike - without having to resort to force-feeding animals to make a "luxury" item.

So what about all the people that do wish to eat Foie Gras at Beauberry House? Presumably we'll have to petition them to bring it back?

And then you'll do the opposite and repeat ad nauseam.

If you don't like foie grad then don't bloody eat it but don't prevent others from having the choice to order if they so wish.

Irritating vegan campaigners, I care less know for your meddling politics than I ever did before.