Beware! Tea towel sellers in Ulverscroft Road area now .....

Sue

Richardbach, the door to door sellers have been discussed so many times that some of the reasons for the forumites' concerns are no longer written simply because they've been typed too many times already. It isn't a matter of slagging off young people trying to do jobs that will help them to 'learn the ropes'. Far from it, many of us have a genuine concern that these young people are being conned themselves and the lessons they learn from this 'job' will do them no good for any future employment. The manner in which many of them introduce themselves, and attempt to sell their wares, indicates that they've had no training whatsoever. Attempting to sell shoddy goods door to door holds no valuable lessons for anyone.

Surely if they are selling door to door, they are on the streets?

richardbach Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> i dont see the probelm if people are umeployed and

> are learing theropes of a job by seling doo to

> door better than them being on the streets

The guy knocking on your door is not using self-initiativity.

He is one of many carrying identically packaged bundles probably supplied by some 'Fagin' like Character.

This is obvious as it would seem an area is selected and targeted on any one night.

It is unlikely he will see much of the money he collects..

• 4 years later...
Yes, until a few years ago you could still buy decent products at the door, from sales reps from reputable companies, such as Kleeneze. The last rep we had was a local mum with a young child and my mother was pleased to be helping her by buying from her, as well as being pleased with the products (including very versatile scissors). Not to be confused with these present day purveyors of rubbish.

kiera Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Yes, until a few years ago you could still buy

> decent products at the door, from sales reps from

> reputable companies, such as Kleeneze. The last

> rep we had was a local mum with a young child and

> my mother was pleased to be helping her by buying

> from her, as well as being pleased with the

> products (including very versatile scissors). Not

> to be confused with these present day purveyors of

> rubbish.

Nope - my scissors were from one of these ex offenders, not a company like Kleeneze. Didn't try the tea towels though.

how shallow are your comments about these people selling tea towels , and saying what what cheap rubbish the goods are !

im pretty sure these guys dont try to decieve you in anyway saying that they are top quality from selfridges or john lewis .

the goods probably are cheap but what would you rather them selling cheap crap to earn and evening meal to survive or bash you over the head head with a london brick and sreal your Rolex and the keys to your porsche ? ? ?

you must see the world very differntly to most hard working people that unlike you have been spoon fed all your life .

Joseph... I admire you for sticking up for the guys trying to earn an honest crust, but I'm afraid you are mistaken. It is a scam. Maybe they're not claiming it's quality merchandise, but they are deceiving us by claiming to be part of some sort of kosher rehabilitation scheme (it is not). They work in gangs, descend on a road, and move on - and can be aggressive. Google it.

At least they are trying to make some kind of a living. Admittedly the products are not great nor the muttering obscenities under their breath if you decline but it can't be easy knocking endlessly on doors and being rejected. I still have some iron cleaning clothes in a drawer somewhere. I mean!!