Does anyone know this car

Last week March 1st i parked my car on Townley road. At 12.50pm this car slammed into the back of mine shunting it forward into the car parked 5ft in front of mine causing considerable damage to my vehicle and damage to the car in front of mine, (no one was in either parked vehicle at the time), he then drove off without attempting to leave details despite a neighbour coming out of their house after hearing the crash and subsequent alarm/s being activated. A kind neighbour managed to take a photo of the offending vehicle which is a Silver Mercedes GLA 200D AMG-line 4matic reg probably EA17 WNP.

It will have had damage to front passenger side, including broken lamps (I have the broken bits), although he did get out of the car and pick up the Mercedes badge from the ground (possibly hoping to leave no evidence)

The reg plate is correct - or at least the number you have is linked to a silver Mercedes 2143cc on the DVLA website. You can find the name and address of the registered keeper for ?2.50 by applying to the DVLA with this form: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/v888-request-by-an-individual-for-information-about-a-vehicle

Helped me get damages paid for after a similar incident some years ago when a van smashed over my parked motorcycle and a passerby left me a note of the registration - tried to claim they knew nothing about it but when I wondered if I should talk to the police about it funnily enough they paid up!

Are you in a union or have workplace legal support ? they can assist with liaison with the MIB to start the claim process. if not, you can chase them ( MIB) directly or ask your insurers to do this on your behalf ( they may not want to ). if you have pics of the damages and witness statements you can take them to Small claims- a SC strike on their credit history is a surprising motivator for many. Good luck

Does this not fall under failing to report an accident, fleeing the scene of an accident? Report it to the police. You have witnesses, you have a reg no., a photo. And if they don't want to follow it up, start escalating it.