Squatters in Curry Cabin

Hi

Saw the squatters today in Curry Cabin. There were 2 guys there lunch time, looks like they were securing the building and adding some sort of notice. Upstairs there was a girl, in her 20s, wearing a yellow tracksuit top jumping in and out of the window onto the roof. She was shouting obscenities to the guys and it looked like she was spitting on them as well. Disgusting behaviour and the landlord is going to struggle to get his building back now.

I have only seen builders and guys with Clip boards who appear to be surveyors or the like.

Have not heard any noise or lights being on when walking past at night. Or any nocturnal activity.

So we now have two Indian restaurants available on Lordship Lane presumable with fully equipped kitchens.

Anyone want to open a Restaurant. ?

DulwichFox

Having spoken to someone from the Asian community I can confirm that someone has taken up residency in The Curry Cabin.

They seemed to express sympathy with the new dwellers and antipathy for the greedy landlord who have forced

a business Established in 1970 to close.

The greedy landlord were asking an extortionate amount for rent.

DulwichFox

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Having spoken to someone from the Asian community

> I can confirm that someone has taken up residency

> in The Curry Cabin.

> They seemed to express sympathy with the new

> dwellers and antipathy for the greedy landlord who

> have forced

> a business Established in 1970 to close.

>

> The greedy landlord were asking an extortionate

> amount for rent.

>

> DulwichFox

My understanding (from a similar discussion) is that CC successfully challenged the proposed rent increase before a tribunal. The fact that an Order for possession was made suggests that the rent was not paid. Ultimately, that sounds like a failing business albeit one with a long pedigree. Sad, but hardly uncommon or a reason to sympathise with opportunistic trespassers.