Water in East Dulwich Area Tasting of Chlorine.

My water has started becoming intermittently cloudy (before the recent cuts, but continuing now). We have a lead pipe coming into the house from the main in the road. Always worries me (because we have little kids) but I've never been able to sensibly work out how to get rid of it. Our water was within the "safe" limit for lead decided by Thames Water, but of course there is no real safe limit, any exposure is bad for your health/mental development etc.

According to Thames Water, cloudy looking water is caused by trapped air in the pipes, and running your taps for a minute or two should clear it.

This is according to the letters sent to me recently concerning the water supply possibly being temporarily cut off due to work on pipes nearby.

Not saying this is the reason for your cloudy water, but worth investigating as a possibility?

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Has anyone else noticed their water having a

> strong Chlorine taste.

>

> My water tastes terrible.

>

> DulwichFox

Invest in a water filter, with jug, ?22.99 at Argos, Brita is best, - you can have a narrow one which fits into your fridge door.

The difference is astonishing, and especially good if you get up in the night for a drink, when tap water is at optimum chlorination.

DulwichFox Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Water has improved in last few days. Used to use a

> water filter jug but filters are so expensive.

>

> ?29.99 for pack of 6.

Just think. If you changed to a water meter, you could probably afford at least six packs of six per year with the money you would save.

Unless, of course, you use absolutely enormous amounts of water :)) :)) :))

ETA: http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/indybest/house-garden/kitchen-appliances/best-water-filter-jug-review-glass-for-limescale-brita-system-argos-bobble-10206842.html

According to this article, Argos has a jug whose replacement filters are ?14.99 for four, so slightly cheaper. The wonders of Google, eh? You can probably find them even cheaper.