door knocker

Just had a charming young man knock on my door with a 'helping hands' badge. When politely told that I didn't do business on the doorstep he told me I was an ignorant c***. Lower end of Upland Road behind Harris boys school. Tried 101 to report but unable to speak to anyone, will try later.

• 1 month later...
Just had the door knocker man too - v pushy with a bucket of cleaning stuff to sell - got quite sarcastic when I said we weren't interested as off to bed - early at 9am but hubby works shifts - and he wasn't keen that hubby intervened- hoping not to see him again

We had them visit Goose Green side too. They knock every 3 months or so and are usually decent guys just trying to get but the guy that came last week was really aggressive with me and very pushy and rude. I said I was putting my kids to bed and he just carried on ranting and arguing with me. It felt pretty threatening.

I think it's really important these guys are reported to 101. We get it fairly often and it's really unpleasant to have to deal with these people being so aggressive and threatening especially when you have young kids in the house. They slammed my gate forcefully, almost knocking it off its hinges, when I declined to buy anything and you can feel quite shaken up afterwards.They seem to make a point of visiting houses in this area.

As there is no crime being committed, can you legit report it?

I was scared too as the man tried to block my door (until I snarled at him to get off it!) but when I look at the police website the 101 number is for reporting actual crimes?

What's best to do?

I was out walking my hound when I came across these guys and my first thought was what if they knock down at my place while I'm out and my missus answers, so I called her and suggested she does not answer at all.

Turns out they were heading away from our house, but I was concerned, which I should not have to be.

We normally get a visit every 6 months or so and last time I was in the middle of putting my daughter to bed and thought it was my other half at the door so I answered. This guy was walking away when I opened but I said no thanks and he walked off then turned around. I quickly shut the door and he came back and kept knocking. I didn?t answer again but was unsettling. Didn?t think to report him but will next time

I've had this and when I said no thank you and shut the door, he started swearing at me and kicking at my door. I was quite anxious and called the police who came round and seemed to take it quite seriously. His introductory spiel was that this was a prisoner rehab effort. To my mind, it didn't seem to be working as rehab.