Have I wasted 40 years?

40 years ago I left school and joined the Royal Navy. It was a grey time. Police corruption was evident, the press was sleazy, politics were boring, stagflation was a problem, unemployment was rising, unions were flexing their muscle, politicians were in bed with business and "smoke filled rooms" deals went unremarked.

Have I entered a tine warp and returned to my youth?

I suppose the food is better - and the real beer revolution of the 70s was good for beer drinkers.

Hi ! Marmora Man

I would like to share my own opinion about this thread.

I studied 3 years Politics Economics abroad and I did not finished the last 2 years for personal reasons; but then

after a while I have learned to build my own hopes for a better future, maybe the past has fallen apart

and tomorrows ground can be too uncertain for plans, but each step I have taken in a new direction has

helped me to create a path towards a promise for a brighter future.

So we can't always say 40 years was wasted becouse in life we all learn something from

our own personal experience.

Those small daily happenings is what makes our lifes so spectacular and I know, I can't choose how I feel

but I can choose what to do about it, this is something I always like to remember "The brightest future

will always be based on a forgotten past " we can't continous in life if we haven't forgotten our failures and

heartaches. Happiness depends on conditions being precieved as positive.

Joyrider *^*^* Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> .....in life we all learn something from

> our own personal experience.

> Those small daily happenings is what makes our

> lifes so spectacular and I know, I can't choose

> how I feel

> but I can choose what to do about it, this is

> something I always like to remember "The brightest

> future

> will always be based on a forgotten past " we

> can't continous in life if we haven't forgotten

> our failures and

> heartaches. Happiness depends on conditions being

> precieved as positive.

It is interesting, isn't it, how views on life differ. My views on the above are somewhat different in that we can achieve happiness if in fact we DO learn from our failures and heartaches and bear them in mind when we make important decisions in the future, e.g. with future jobs or relationships. The trick, to me, is to learn not to feel bitter about them rather than to erase them from memory.

Yes I think these days the art of failure is ignored, the fact that it is even possible to fail seems sometimes to be overlooked, as if everything can or should ONLY lead to 'SUCCESS'. You can build many successes in your head without having to appear to outwardly 'achieve' anything at all. Start with little things and accept that life is hard.

Voyageur Wrote:

> Joyrider *^*^* Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > .....in life we all learn something from

> > our own personal experience.

> > Those small daily happenings is what makes our

> > lifes so spectacular and I know, I can't choose

> > how I feel

> > but I can choose what to do about it, this is

> > something I always like to remember "The

> brightest

> > future

> > will always be based on a forgotten past " we

> > can't continous in life if we haven't forgotten

> > our failures and

> > heartaches. Happiness depends on conditions

> being

> > precieved as positive.

>

> It is interesting, isn't it, how views on life

> differ. My views on the above are somewhat

> different in that we can achieve happiness if in

> fact we DO learn from our failures and heartaches

> and bear them in mind when we make important

> decisions in the future, e.g. with future jobs or

> relationships. The trick, to me, is to learn not

> to feel bitter about them rather than to erase

> them from memory.

OK VOYAGEUR pls answer this question why do you think people become bitter, are you refering to a woman who previously

register in the East Dulwich Forum. For what all of you have done to her does not have forgiveness.

And another questions. Why all of you are concern.

Please specify in detail what she did and what has make you investigate her private life. WHY!

Perhaps some issues here that I am not full inform, but do you know is agaisnt the law.

You don't have to be rich or poor to bring you to justice. Here we are talking about the health

of some people who live in the East Dulwich area. But some of you have interrupt their privacy and distress

them unlimited by intimidating a woman. I beleive a group of people are involve.

Some single and married women have left the area for the same incident.

Laughing:

"..what all of you have done to her .."

Am I missing something here ? I haven't done anything to anybody !

Watch yourself with the broad brush approach.

And stop talking in riddles, if you've got something to say just say it directly so we can all understand.

Tempted to think this is some kind of auto-generated gobbledegook.

If people here are replying the thread of the person involve in the incident

most of you must know her. Are you telling me to tell you directly.

I am laughing again.If you asked me another questions again, you will need to give me

all the answers with names.

I am asking you once more and I will not asked you again.

TELL THE PEOPLE YOU KNOW TO WATCH THEMSELVES WITH THEIR APPROACH TO WOMEN.

We don't tolerate this kind of behabiour in this area.

JUST TO REMIND YOU WOMEN ARE NOT CATS, MEN ARE NOT DOGS, ETC.

THE PAPERS IN MY HANDS MAKE SENCE OF THE DUNGEROUS DOGS IN THE AREA.

"Laughing" is exactly the right word here KK. From what I can tell, a robot answered a post, but then someone responded to the robot, and then someone else responded to that. Then 2nd robot quoted robot one, following comment post and the post commenting on that post. You got trapped somewhere in the middle. It's total genius.

The Forum is on fire tonight, I haven't stopped laughing.

Back to MM - but can you also remeber actually having to go tpo the IMF, how long it took to get a landline put in, getting insulted by Ticket Office staff for daring to ask for a ticket, "Scroungers like you shouldn't be allowed cheque books" I once got told by a ticket clerk at Paddington for getting a ticket with a Student Rail Card!, power cuts, grabage piling up on the sreets.....I loved the powercuts though, West Ham had to play Hereford in the afternoon in a cup match so we all bunked of school ; ). It was the sense that we were about to go down the toilet that I remember even as a teenager - makes me laugh when peple go on about the 'damage' that the 80s did (especially in they are under 40), the 70s looked and felt like the slow gradual death of the UK...are we there again?

???? Wrote:

> Back to MM - but can you also remeber actually

> having to go tpo the IMF, how long it took to get

> a landline put in, getting insulted by Ticket

> Office staff for daring to ask for a ticket,

> "Scroungers like you shouldn't be allowed cheque

> books" I once got told by a ticket clerk at

> Paddington for getting a ticket with a Student

> Rail Card!, power cuts, grabage piling up on the

> sreets.....I loved the powercuts though, West Ham

> had to play Hereford in the afternoon in a cup

> match so we all bunked of school ; ). It was the

> sense that we were about to go down the toilet

> that I remember even as a teenager - makes me

> laugh when peple go on about the 'damage' that the

> 80s did (especially in they are under 40), the 70s

> looked and felt like the slow gradual death of the

> UK...are we there again?

Remember it all too well - hence my sense of gloom about returning to a similar status of UK going down the toilet!

Nothing shocked me than the winter of discontent but that is all in the past. However, gloom is a strong possibility if the Tory's economic policy gamble doesn't work.

Going back to the 1920s, there were general strikes, huge unemployment, corrupt politicians and stock markets in turmoil. I'm not sure if journalist and police were well behaved.

No one seems to learn the lessons of the South Sea Company as the financial markets keeps crashing on a regular basis. The heart of the problem is that you can't change human nature. Especially where greed is concern.

• 2 weeks later...