Advice please! Distressed, barking dog shut in motor garage..

theron

I think its a measure of our society, how we treat animals.

I am delighted that there are so many people who are genuinely concerned for the well being of animals and are trying to make sure that it is ok.

could be a dog, a cat, a bird, it does not matter.

All trolls aside.... When passing earlier today at around 8:15pm, I saw the beginnings of what looked like a raid starting to take place, with 4 or 5 tow trucks lined up along Blenheim Grove, and an argument starting to unravel between what I assume were the drivers of the tow trucks and the presumed owner of the garage who was kicking up a fuss.. in the meantime having read Peckhamguy's story of events that had unfolded, with the owner being tasered, I was under the impression that the dog would be in safe hands...

however...

I have just passed the garage on my way home and initially I thought it all seemed quiet. Then the guy in front of me (on the phone), stopped at the garage, looked into the gates, signalled to whoever he was on the phone to and was let in to the garage by someone from the inside... the dog proceeded to bark. The same bark that I, and many of you, have heard for the last month, scrapping any hope that I had earlier this evening.

It seems that although the garage was supposedly raided, the dog is still there and still barking. The whole thing is very dodgy and very suspicious and I will be making my best efforts first thing in the morning to ring the RSPCA for the millionth time :(

the notice on the garage states that the premises are guarded by this outfit: Portland Support Services http://www.portlandservices.co.uk/security/guard-dog-security.php ,

"Guard Dog Security Services

Guard dog security is the highest security in private security. Sometimes on guard and dog can be more effective than two or more guards and always more cost effective. Our K9 dog security our experienced team have been supplying and residential security contracts in and around London for over ten years, we have the experience and the expertise to provide you with a security services that's success can be measured and backed up. "

" All of our dog handlers are licensed by the SIA and follow a set of agreed protocols to ensure you guard dog requirements are met. Our dog units can be marked or unmarked. Our residential street patrol service security can patrol your estate, either in a vehcile or by foot patrol, our guards with dogs can wear a choice of uniform but as standard include security protection vests and body cameras, we are trained in resolving a number of issus include dealing with anti social behaviour or giving resident peace of mind through visible security, that can be on their door steps within minutes. Our experience helps us to avoid the allot of the problems that can easily occur in setting up a security program, meaning your deployment will be problem free. For more information on how we can help and what it cost call us on 0800 242 5113 "

If they are regulated by the SIA, that could be another avenue to tackle this problem.

Goodness knows what's on the premises that needs this level of security, not to mention dog exploitation