London Buses DELETED

usererror

On the whole I have no complaints about how bus drivers handle their bus . In fact I take my hat off to them ,especially those driving on narrow roads - P4 ,P13, etc .

The ones who seem to stamp on the brakes for no discernible reason stand out because they are the exception . But I did have a rather exciting ride on a 197 the other week when we made record time from Penge to Peckham and the old excessive braking featured a lot !

I have reported before about watching (and complaining about to TfL) a P13 driver who forced an ambulance on blues and twos to back up and pull-in as he (the bus driver) wouldn't give way. On another (similar) incident just involving a motorist the refusal was accompanied by a claim that the buses could not be backed - clearly this isn't true, nor is it true that a bus driver isn't (or at least should be) trained to back their bus. So generally good drivers driving in difficult circumstances, but a few (very) bad apples.

A double decker also hit my wife's car (stationary at traffic lights) and claimed that my wife had backed into him (since it was clear where the damage on my wife's car was, and to 'get off' the only possibility was that she had viciously started backing at a traffic light)! It took 18 months for that claim to be settled (in our favour) when the bus company failed to turn up at court to defend the action.

Any problems on my bus journeys are usually to do with overcrowding rather than the drivers who do their best to maintain order. I find them generally helpful, holding doors if they?ve spotted someone running etc.

I think recently I?ve had one 185 driver who seemed to be in a rush and used brakes a bit aggressively.

I?d praise London Buses more than getting out the tar and feathers.