Is "raw milk" available to buy locally?

Good question ClareC - I have been wondering the same myself. I know you can order it online and have it delivered, but don't know of anywhere local to buy it. The farmers market at Dulwich College is on tomorrow from 9-1, but from memory, there isn't anyone that usually attends that who would supply raw milk.

Thank you :-)

I was looking at that website earlier, it's rather expensive by post but I saw they are at Borough Market on a Thursday and Saturday, which led me to hope there may be other suppliers at the more local farmers markets.

I didn't realise there was one at DC tomorrow, may wander up there and take a look.

There appears to be a supplier at the Sunday Blackheath Farmers Market so another potential lead. Also Brixton has a farmers Market too on a Sunday but couldn't find any mention of a supplier at that one.

It was ?1.50 for two pints.

As for how it's going to work...... I have a friend who is a GP, we were chatting last night and she said that current research indicates that consumption of raw milk and cheese reduces the likelihood of developing allergies, asthma, and eczema . As I am currently b/f my son, She recommended I use the raw dairy with a view to preventing him developing asthma and eczema given that I am asthmatic and my partner has eczema so he has a higher likelihood of developing the conditions. He is a sicky baby which may also improve too.

I did some googling after the conversation and it certainly sounds worth a try, sufferers of asthma and eczema have apparently found their conditions to improve or clear up entirely once making the switch. All comes down to the good bacteria being destroyed by heat and the composition of milk changing.....

If anyone's interested I will add some links.....

Will let you know if I see any improvements :-)

Very interesting! Strangely my elder son has always had very bad eczema and we were advised that this may be caused by the presence of a particular bacteria in the milk that was not destroyed by the pasturisation process. We now boil his milk (which is no mean feat as he drinks loads of the stuff) and now his eczema has pretty much disappeared. We also stopped putting ANY cream on his skins and only use water on his skin with a very mild soap on the very smelly bits! The change was remarkable! We also now give him a fatty acid compound as a supplement.

Worth also trying it out!