Doing anything for fathers day?

Well, Cheeky S and his Daddy are over 900 miles away in Portugal, so he has no choice but to spend time with the baby ;) I believe they're spending the day fending off interfering comments from my Husband's grandmother, and trying to book an earlier flight home (I KNEW he'd find it too hard on it own with the baby, I KNEW IT!)I DID make CHeeky S scrawl on a card with crayons though and put it in their suitcase, though....

Happy Father's day, Dads!

Oops, I had forgotten, left dad wake up early with our older one, and I took a little nap in the morning.

No card, no present...we'll do something nice for lunch if it's not pouring down with rain

Happy fathers day!

Hmmm.... I got up with the kids at XXX, entertained them, made them breakfast, set up drawing for them as I started cooking Sunday dinner. No cards, no presents, and Mrs CitEd not emrged yet at 10.15.

But... that is a pretty perfect day anyway - she worked a night shift last night and I got a lovely kiss on the cheek from my oldest (6yr)with a brief line about Father's Day...

'Daddy' has gone mountain biking leaving me to cook/host Sunday lunch for my father and stepmother, my sister and husband and 3 children and not forgetting of course baby jb! Fortunately she's playing ball by having a long morning nap . . . Lunch prep nearly done . . . When can I open the wine?

The kids gave Mr Pickle cards and chocolates at 7am, then I entertained until them 8:30am (I say "I", I mean CBeeBees) - so he got a nice lie in. But now I have a day of rehearsals (one down already, another this afternoon) so he gets to spend father's day looking after his children!

In the name of father-daughter bonding, DH spent last night sleeping in the same room as our DD, whilst I had a blissful night of uninterrupted sleep. DD was on her best behaviour and only woke for a minute and self soothed back to sleep. I dare not hope that this is the way she will sleep from now on....! Spoiling DH with extra special brekkie, lunch and supper plus a medley of homemade cheesecake cupcakes for afternoon tea.

We made baby and 5 year old hand and foot print picture yesterday for their daddy - but I think the paint stained hands and feet kind of gave it away! It was a very messy affair. Numerous other father's day cards made by 5 year old!!!

We also took him out for lunch which led to him (and me, I must confess) drinking far too much wine. A good day was had by all.

Happy Father's Day to to all the other daddies.

OH got back from Aus with littlest on Friday so their time clock is still completely out of whack. So Father's day involved - making breakfast and the ceremonial hand made card presentation and subsequent - ooohs and aaahs.

Then we (the girls) decorated a cake, while littlest stabbed it with a paint brush (?!)

Then I made the best roast beef ever (with prepacked posh tatties - ha ha! )

Everyone fell into a fat bellied, sleeping heap for the afternoon, while I got to watch my blood and gore programmes.

OH failed to wake up (still!) so I got both girls up, fed them, bathed them, got them back to sleep again...

Now I'm hitting the booze!

I have to say that I got a lovely present. From All Fired Up, a huge cup and saucer. The saucer was decorated by my 3 year old son and the cup was decorated with footprints of my 3 month old daughter! Wonderful!! Brought tears to my eyes!!