2nd hand Kitchen

stephen509

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Latest Discussions

• Over a 1,000 affordable homes, a new park, jobs and businesses where there is currently a huge car park? I’ll take the former, yeh. I know you’re obsessed with encouraging more cars everywhere, but we actually need housing and this is not a sustainable or desirable vision for London imo:
    • I just wanted to recommend Andy (again :))  He has some some work for me in the past and I just had him remove a huge bush at the fro t of my drive and he did such a proffesional job. communicating very well, and kept the place tidy at all times . No complaints and already looking to book him in for more work. thanks Andy !
    • Exactly....perhaps some of those commenting on here never went to either the cinema or the bowling alley but they were always very busy whenever I went - so they were both very well used resources. I am sorry to see them go but you know, good that they have been shut down because it gets rid of the car park.....#rollseyes No it's not but do we take it then that your vision of London then is huge swathes of over-priced loft-style apartments or luxury apartment blocks sold to the most wealthy, that come with a coffee shop, a 24-hour over-priced supermarket, an expensive gym and pool and a separate (discreet) entrance for those living in the (few) affordable houses that were built (for sale or often rent) to satiate planning requirements (that often start with a bold commitment but then gets significantly diluted throughout the process)? I refer you to the Elephant and Castle Masterplan.......funny how the architects seemingly always refer to them as masterplans.... https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/sep/24/developers-ruining-cities-elephant-and-castle-london
    • The rail connection is quite quick BUT Surrey Quays is not mobility accessible. It's an old station with a steep flight of stairs IIRC. I've always gone one stop further to the redeveloped (or as some would have it "socially cleansed and gentrified") Canada Water station which has a lift, and then come back. The last time I went to the Surrey Quays shops half of the units looked empty and two scrotes with an angle grinder were stealing a bike from the bike rack.
Home
Events
Sign In

Sign In

Or sign in with one of these services

Search
    Search In