lavender27 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> You should try the Pulse changing rooms, or not,

> dirty tissues from the dispenser as someone's

> forgotten their towels, left underneath the

> benches, I found a sanitary towel on the floor in

> a cubicle, haven't been back since, it was enough

> to put me off. Really women!!!

Same problem in Forest Hill Pools which is why I joined ED leisure centre despite it being a bus ride away.

Believe me..for all its failings DLC is spotless by comparison.

I went to the centre this morning and the heating was on in the ladies change, which was lovely and the changing rooms cleaning standards have improved.

I spoke to the receptionist on my way out and the cleaners have started overnight - you can see the difference.

There's an ongoing, years long standing issue with the temperature and hygiene of the exercise room used for Pilates. Please read this as entirely neutral as to what the temperature should be for a class or teacher preferences. The problem is that the temperature cannot be adjusted or changed so that a hot class followed by a cooler class.... well hot is the default mode and hotter is the only possibility of the centralised system.

The series of measures taken to control temperature is a case study for business and equally engineering academic analysis. Heat exchangers, geo thermal, solar hot water could have all been installed. The quality of the plumbing hardware beggars belief. Which reader here would install the mini sinks in the toilets and who among you would hire plumbers who time and again leave appliances leaking.

But the crowning glory of incompetent management and engineering is the lack of a window that opens in the exercise areas. What would be a levered open for 5 minutes to let the hot air and damp out has over years and years been a series of costly ineffective measures: Massive cooling machines taking up precious floor space. Windows covered in shading adhesive cladding which leaves the rooms dark on sunny days requiring lights glaring into eyes.

This building haemorrhages maintenance money and the complaints never stop. But a poorly designed building and the complaints it generates aren't matched up. So what we have is taxpayer anger and Council push back with threats about our incivility and lack of gratitude.

That's my view

Hi Guys,

This is the latest update I should have posted earlier this week explaining how things have been improved - any problems please EMAIL as I'll see it much quicker to act:

"

Dear Councillor Barber

Thank you for your enquiry, in which you requested information regarding the following:

As response to the following customer comments:

"

I can now provide you with a full response to your enquiry.

I have contacted the centre manager from Everyone Active regarding the comments outlined in your email on the 1st February 2018 from customers. We apologise for the inconvenience caused and can confirm the following as a response to the comments:

?We are aware of the temperature and air handling issues at the centre. The Council has carried out detailed investigation works as part of a larger project to significantly improve the air handling units which is due to happen later this year. The centre team at Dulwich have also, as a short term measure, increased the temperature in various area?s in the centre including female wet changing rooms. The centre team will continue to monitor the situation via their daily temperature checks which are monitored.

?The group exercise classes are continually monitored and there has been a change of instructors for one or two classes recently that have had a short term impact for customers. Timeliness of classes are closely monitored by Everyone Active and any classes that are not operated according to schedule are reported. We have not identified a trend in the last quarter; however, Everyone Active will continue to monitor to make sure classes start on time.

?Everyone Active has recently appointed over night cleaners and the difference in cleanliness is already noticeable. We are also reviewing the signage to encourage customers to support staff in cleanliness. During centre open times regular checks are in place.

If you have any questions about this response please do not hesitate to contact me

Yours sincerely

"

I know this is really insignificant, but why aren't there any recycling bins in the gym? The only one I've noticed is in the cafe area which is tiny and absolutely filthy! You'd think the amount plastic bottles that pass through the gym, there'd be some sort suitable disposal. Unless I've missed them?

topic related ..sort of.

I may say what a joy the singing cleaning lady is at at ED gym.

It just makes my day when I hear her singing as she does her job theres something really joyous about it.

In fact I'm rather gutted when she isn't there to make me smile and remember to find joy in the little everyday things.

Just to say that quite often the early morning classes start late and the time isn't made up at the end. The Wed yoga class this week, for example, started 15 minutes late which meant a 45 minute class rather than an hour. If they are being monitored then something isnt working.

ames Barber Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> Hi Guys,

> This is the latest update I should have posted

> earlier this week explaining how things have been

> improved - any problems please EMAIL as I'll see

> it much quicker to act:

>

> "

> Dear Councillor Barber

>

>

>

>

> Thank you for your enquiry, in which you requested

> information regarding the following:

>

> As response to the following customer comments:

>

>

> "

>

> I can now provide you with a full response to your

> enquiry.

>

> I have contacted the centre manager from Everyone

> Active regarding the comments outlined in your

> email on the 1st February 2018 from customers. We

> apologise for the inconvenience caused and can

> confirm the following as a response to the

> comments:

> ?We are aware of the temperature and air handling

> issues at the centre. The Council has carried out

> detailed investigation works as part of a larger

> project to significantly improve the air handling

> units which is due to happen later this year. The

> centre team at Dulwich have also, as a short term

> measure, increased the temperature in various

> area?s in the centre including female wet changing

> rooms. The centre team will continue to monitor

> the situation via their daily temperature checks

> which are monitored.

> ?The group exercise classes are continually

> monitored and there has been a change of

> instructors for one or two classes recently that

> have had a short term impact for customers.

> Timeliness of classes are closely monitored by

> Everyone Active and any classes that are not

> operated according to schedule are reported. We

> have not identified a trend in the last quarter;

> however, Everyone Active will continue to monitor

> to make sure classes start on time.

> ?Everyone Active has recently appointed over night

> cleaners and the difference in cleanliness is

> already noticeable. We are also reviewing the

> signage to encourage customers to support staff in

> cleanliness. During centre open times regular

> checks are in place.