Houses being checked if vacant or not on Crawthew Grove today?

MDP

I have reported this to the Safer Neighborhood officer.

I think somebody else may be checking out houses to break into on Crawthew Grove today. At 2pm, and now just again at 4pm our bell was rung, and on going to the door, nobody was there, nor could anybody be seen on either side of the house. Nor could I hear the sound of kids running away or laughing.

Most of the kids on this road and surrounding area are infants or those in their mid-teens. We do not have kids playing out in the street and I cannot recall the last time I saw a group of kids here young enough to be bothered to play "ring the bell and run like hell"...

All I can surmise is that either there is a very impatient god-botherer out there today [they usually wait and keep ringing till you answer anyhow] or someone is checking to see if the house is empty or not.

So, yeah, if you live on Crawthew Grove, keep an eye out, there may well be scum out there hoping to burgle a house or two as lots of people leave this road on Bank holiday weekends.

Lets hope it is some kids, but it sure doesn't seem like it.

'So, yeah, if you live on Crawthew Grove, keep an eye out, there may well be scum out there hoping to burgle a house or two as lots of people leave this road on Bank holiday weekends.'

there you have it robbers.... valuable information.

If you have a door bell that works on a wireless basis then sometimes if someone has the same code as your own it rings your bell - has happened to me before, the bell kept going but no one there. Of course it could be miscreants checking too!