East Dulwich pub crawl

looks like fun! you could go all-out and start in Herne Hill and work your way down... e.g. Prince Regent, The Florence, The Half Moon, Dulwich Dog etc... but then from the number of pubs en route it looks as if you'll be getting inebriated enough as it is ;-)

Enjoy! :)-D

TillieTrotter Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

some of us would like to grow old slightly less graciously.

xxxxxx

Hear hear!

Not that being child-like has no grace :)

Children are energetic and spontaneous, many of us could do with a bit more of those qualities rather than being uptight and "adult" and only undertaking activities we perceive as "suited to our age" :)

:)-D

This is the point I was trying to make. Lets see who is the first one to complain about the noise! BTW there's a whole team of 'ladies' on here, I've read, who pee on hubcaps when taken short. At least it sounds easier than a wheelie bin....would be for me anyway.

Alan Medic Wrote:

>

> BTW there's a whole team of 'ladies' on here, I've

> read, who pee on hubcaps when taken short.

xxxxx

wtf? They'd better not pee on mine :))

A pub crawl is only really a pub crawl if some end up on all fours and the numbers peter out as the crawl progresses - we've all done the terrifying Monopoly pub crawl in our twenties and ended up blotto in Bow Street/The Strand/Coventry Street wondering where everyone else got to and hoping Mayfair has a kebab shop.

..or the circle Line Tube crawl another great pub crawl. Hoopesr too far out the way, you'll lose momentum. I think you have to do The Herne if you do The Clockhouse and good to see The Castle feature.

There are more than enough pubs/bars around LL for a pub crawl. The Peckham side... i.e. Hoopers, Gowlett, Victoria, Montpelier, Rye, Herne, etc etc could be a lengthy pub crawl in itself.

Hell, you could probably do a decent pub crawl in Camberwell these days (just about).

You tell 'em Sue!

What is all this age talk anyway? And why do we have to become stereotype carbon copies of the walking dead the second we move to SE22, count me out of that one.

"Isn't a pub crawl a bit childish? No one seems to have questioned it's merits as something to do."

That's probably because the rest of us are attempting to lighten up in our 'old age'.

Beej Wrote:

>

> "Isn't a pub crawl a bit childish? No one seems to

> have questioned it's merits as something to do."

>

> That's probably because the rest of us are

> attempting to lighten up in our 'old age'.

xxxxxxx

Hear hear.

ETA: Now excuse me while I put my shawl on and go and do a bit of knitting in the parlour.

Alan - I guess you won't be accepting the invite to join us when it comes through?

It is a lovely day to sample a few pubs today me thinks. Might try some of the Peckham pubs kindly suggested by many of the posters on this forum.

First post on the ED forum and close to 2,000 views...a proud moment for this newbie.

Hell, you could probably do a decent pub crawl in Camberwell these days (just about).

I've been on several, in or around Camberwell, over the years. The last one included the last "lock-in" I enjoyed. It was at The Nags Head on Camberwell Rd at about 6.30 on a Saturday afternoon. They locked the doors then got out all the ash trays and started puffing away.

nashoi Wrote:

> The last one included the last

> "lock-in" I enjoyed. It was at The Nags Head on

> Camberwell Rd at about 6.30 on a Saturday

> afternoon. They locked the doors then got out all

> the ash trays and started puffing away.

I've always seen Camberwell/Walworth road purely as a route to central London. And even then I try to close my eyes for most of the journey (unless I'm driving).