East Dulwich pub crawl

We have recently moved to ED and as is becoming tradition amongst my friends, we are arranging a pub crawl of our new local area to celebrate. Been enjoying doing my research over the last few weeks and I have put together the following proposed route (see Google Maps link):

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=212829290048979094436.00049c2b67f02105551f1

Would welcome any comments or suggestions on the route or venues that may have been overlooked.

The route includes a few of the Lordship Lane bars rather than true pubs to keep the numbers up!

Steve

Yeh, I'd leave out the bars and the Vale, and add Hoopers, the Gowlett and the Victoria Inn.

Wouldn't personally bother with the Herne, for various reasons, not least that it's geographically out on a limb apart from the Clock House.

I'd say the Hoopers/Gowlett/Victoria trio would be more satisfying than the Clock House and the Herne.

ETA: The Montpelier is in that area, as well.

SteveUK1978 Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> The route includes a few of the Lordship Lane bars

> rather than true pubs to keep the numbers up!

Keep the numbers up? There are 14! Don't tell me you're planning a pint in each one...

It is a marathon not a sprint Jeremy...

With a bit of food en route and some fresh air between the venues I think 14 is possible - not easy, but possible. A few halves may be allowed in certain venues :)

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, I am tempted to lose the bars and add a couple of the pubs up nearer Peckham Rye station.

SteveUk1978- welcome to the area! you should definitely not miss us out.

Peckham Rye is a great place to start your crawl as lordship lane does stay open a little later.

i am guessing you will need to line your stomachs before your heavy drinking session so why don't you come and have a meal here first?

As a moving in to the area gift I would like to offer you & all your friends 25% off your meal & drinks.

please check out the menu on our website & let me know if you would like to book a table.

www.victoriainnpeckham.com

you should check out the Rye too, they have a huge beer garden so would be great if you get lucky with the weather and it is 5 minutes walking distance from here.

see you soon,

Molly

Sue Wrote:

> Alan Medic Wrote:

> --------------------------------------------------

> -----

> > Isn't a pub crawl a bit childish?

>

> xxxxx

>

> Isn't that a bit judgmental?

What......I thought it was factual?

Alan Medic Wrote:

> Isn't a pub crawl a bit childish?

No, because children aren't allowed to drink in pubs, only adults.

No one seems to

> have questioned it's merits as something to do. It

> appears to have an assumed position that makes it

> ok. It's not called a crawl for nothing.

As the OP mentioned, it's become a tradition with his mates when they move to a new area. People might also host house warming parties, and no doubt drink a lot at those too. I don't have a problem with either. I've been here for about 8 months now and I think we're spoilt for good local pubs. I've often thought the area could host a good pub crawl.

Sounds like you need to let your hair down a bit Al!