Wood Vale is 20mph speed limit!!!

Okay, so despite my several prior light=hearted posts, this one is quite serious.

I live on Wood Vale, and I always drive along it at the 20mph speed limit. Virtually no other car does. Also, the two turnings along Wood Vale, Melford Road and Langton Rise are both mini-roundabouts - thus one should give way to the right. The number of people that overtake me going well over 30mph! is astonishing. Moreover, this frequently occurs at one of the mini roundabouts which is seriously dangerous! I pray that one of these irresponsible drivers will crash one of these days, and I'll laugh hysterically when they do, and not call an ambulance. O yes, just to vent my spleen still further, I'm going to start taking photographs of dangerous drivers along Wood Vale, my daughter plays on this road, it should be safe. Over taking at a roundabout in excess of 30mph is not.

Have a nice day! :-)

Just FYI - James Barber recently confirmed that Wood Vale is actually a 30mph zone - it has been wrongly sign posted for a while - was a bit of surprise to me!

http://www.eastdulwichforum.co.uk/forum/read.php?5,336529,652437#msg-652437

However, completely agree with your comment about the mini-roundabouts and mad overtaking. Someone once overtook me as I was turning right off Wood Vale into Melford Road - i.e. turned into Melford Road parallel with me on the wrong side of the road at speed. If the 363 had been coming the other way, no way he would have seen it in time.

I've mentioned this before, but those roundabouts need painting more frequently as they're not that visible, and signposting more clearly. Maybe more islands on the approach? Either that or just get rid and change back to T-Junction at the top of Melford as that what the layout seems to naturally suit.

• 2 months later...

Well that told me didn't it! :-)

Okay, so its 30mph. Fine. But people still pay little attention to the roundabouts. When my car is on its last legs I intend to smash into someone driving illegally on one of those roundabouts! I'll have a lot of fun doing so too! :-)

• 2 months later...

Pilch

Okay, so its 30mph. Fine. But people still pay little attention to the roundabouts. When my car is on its last legs I intend to smash into someone driving illegally on one of those roundabouts! I'll have a lot of fun doing so too! :-)

can anyone explain to me why this post has not been removed, maybe his insurance company would like to know his intentions !!!.

Possibly since most of us took it as humour rather than a statement of intent; especially given the smiley at the end.

People do pay naff all attention to the roundabouts though - I come up Melford Road on the bike to turn right into Wood Vale and regularly have to give way to speeding cars intent on going straight despite the fact that I should have right of way at that point.

I understand your concern for people speeding pilch, but in all honesty you are a complete twat.

"I pray that one of these irresponsible drivers will crash one of these days and I'll laugh hysterically when they do, and not call an ambulance"

Pedestrians or other car drivers incur serious injury when they do crash did you think about that? Not call an ambulance, your one reason why this country is going to shit.

"When my car is on its last legs I intend to smash into someone driving illegally on one of those roundabouts! I'll have a lot of fun doing so too"

You make a post moaning about others, in the next breath you are prepared to become one of them.

Yeah it's a bit of a rat run but the only major problem is the mini roundabout at Melford rd. One at Langton Rise seems to work fine. Repainting it and possibly raising the surface a bit and the majority of people would use it properly. I can only dream of owning a car that can go over speed bumps at 30mph without disintegrating...

Or alternatively put one of those annoying smart car cameras there and watch the revenue roll in!

Well a lot of these replies have certainly brought a smile to my face. And a few people have definitely fallen into the category of 'the first ones up against the wall when the revolution comes'. Those with a sense of humour I applaud you. Everyone else: I pray for your abductions. I was going to say I'd pay for your abductions, but quite honestly I'll just let the natural selection of ignoring the mini-roundabouts on Wood Vale, and your driving habits in general, work its magic. :-)