Footpath between Homestall Road and Brenchley Gardens.

Does anyone know if there has ever been any plans for a footpath from Homestall Road to Brenchley Gardens? It seems a bit strange there isn?t one as there is one the other end. It certainly would make walking to the Honor Oak Station a lot quickly for a fair number of people. I met someone who lived on Marmora Rd who there was a talk of it a few year ago but that was all she knew.

• 5 years later...

Hi, not much more to tell. Southwark Living Streets and Southwark cyclists proposed a way through the Camberwell New cemetery to the sports field and then to Honor Oak Station. At the moment I think there is a very solid fence which is a bit incomprehensible.

This would give us all an alternative access to Honor Oak Station since TfL won't give us a bus. Access would be through the cemetery entrance in Brenchley Gardens.

The suggestion went down well but everything is being delayed by the row about digging up the concrete groundsman's area and using it for burials. If you want to be put in touch with Living Streets pm me and I'll pass you on.

The suggestion went down well but everything is being delayed by the row about digging up the concrete groundsman's area and using it for burials.

Another gift from ssw then - thanks Blanche & Lewis - for ever-benefiting the people of ED and Brockley.

We've also asked that the chained up gate into the cemetery opposite the southern end of Kelvington Road be opened and made a regular access point into the cemetery. It reduces the distance (from the Cheltenham Road area of Nunhead) through the cemetery a little and might persuade a few more people that it's (almost) quicker and certainly nicer to walk through the cemetery from Nunhead to Honor Oak Park Station than get the sardine-tin otherwise known as the P12.