The Curry Cabin

seanmlow

I should give the cabin another try then. I found the food overly dependant on artificial colours and the service was 1970s ingratiating - made me very uncumfortable. But I have noticed them making external changes so maybe the game has been raised inside too?

Chinese - haven't tried Lamoon yet but it seems to be the most ecommended by a country mile

Mr Lui's is still the best although one of the previous owners has Mr Kai at Crystal Palace which is also very good, although I've not been there for a while.

Went to Mr Lui's one night with someone with a nut allergy and they could not have been more helpful.

I've not been to the Curry Cabin in a long time. I must say though that my experience of curry houses on LL is that they start off great, then when you become a regular they become really lazy. Surma used to be my regular for my Fri night takeaway. The first few are great then after a while you think, 'I could go to Somerfield, buy some chicken pieces and a jar of Pataks sauce and get the same result'. Had the same experience with ED Tandoori and Pistachio Club too. The same generic 'three pot' sauce. Best place for a curry - Preem on Brick Lane.

I am glad to see that someone else likes the Curry Cabin. Few times I have been I liked it very much but in conversation with other friends I have been the odd-one-out on that count. In terms of Chinese food, it's not really a restaurant and is quite basic, but the noodle-bar beside Le Chandelier does good, quick, cheap grub.

Well I went to Curry Cabin last night and got a takeaway. It was really quite poor - the nan bread was limp, and the chicken was really bad quality (the kind that disintegrates when you stick your fork in it). I suppose it's either that or pay through the nose at BB.

Curry Cabin has always been no.1 in our house, especially for takeaway. Sean M-G - they have made some moves to drop the bright colours - their lemon rice no longer glows in the dark....

Tried to get through to the Bombay Bicycle on Sat night but it was engaged for half an hour..so business must be good!

the curry cabin is my personal favourite on lordship lane the guys are from bangladesh and super friendly to me any how .try the bangaldeshi specials ask for the food to have no colouring and it WONT . tapeli chicken is good coconut rice and the garlic nan very nice i nearly forget the prawn puri starter beats any bhaji style appetiser , the decor is dated who cares ! its spotless and is run by the same family

the out side new seating is for you smokers ......

ps its the longest est curry house in LL if im not mistaken

ps the mosque folk folk have opened a shop on north cross road , where youll find ghee corainder , and all kinds of spices etc if smbs is closed

"I loved it when it first opened....when it was practically a gutted shell of a house with small dark rooms, hard seats but fantastic cakes and great coffee served in cafetieres..."

Seconded. However, the last time I went in there it seemed a shadow of its former self.

What is the consensus on best curry house on LL.

Tried BBC last night and it wasn't too bad but quite expensive I thought. Was quite disappointed with takeaway from Tandoori Nights.

Still struggling to find something that compares with Maharani on Clapham High Street.

Judging by some of the positive comments I thought that I might have been missing something by not ordering from here. Now I know what it was- poor quality rubbish! Its not just the decor off the CC that needs updating- the food could too. Unless you're a Life of MARS fan and you would like to be taken back to the 70s (food wise).