Discussion Groups

This forum covers a wide range of subjects - but our discussions are, apart from drink nights, virtual. Out there somewhere real groups of people discussing "things" - there must be a few book clubs discussing the latest Martin Amis, Robert Harris offerings. Tried that but couldn't match my taste in books to the group.

Are there any other discussion groups - politics (without being part of a political party), sport, military history, wargaming, trainspotting, cooking, flower arranging, beer, - I don't know and am not sure where I might find out.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MM,

I know there was a book group being held at the library on LL on the last thursday of the month, you can generally get the book being read in the library. That said, I went there with a view to getting the book (this was back in the summer) and they didn't have any copies left so I didn't bother going to the meeting two weeks later. After that, summer sort of got in the way and I haven't thought about it until now! If you go, would you post a comment about it, please?

C :)

ps you might think 'why doesn't she just go herself?' I'm studying at the moment and reading for pleasure has to be postponed until the new year :)

Hi Marmora Man

I recall from your subs to the remembrance sunday thread that you are a military chap.

Not sure whats available locally but I'm a mmember of a military hisory soc and have to say it is excellent.regular monthly lectures, occasional guided tours of london and weekend trips abroad.

Its in westminster; so if you can't find anything local then let me know I'll give you an intro.

Ultraconsultancy