Incident on Underhill Road last week (did you see someone damage my car?)

I wondered if anyone saw an incident on Underhill Road last week?

I park my silver 2002 reg Ford Fiesta on the street on Underhill Road, and last Thursday it was parked between the Belvior Road P13 bus stop and Medford Road crossroads. On late Wednesday night/sometime before 6pm Thursday someone hit my car, completely pulling off the rear bumper. No note was left (and there's no way that the other driver could have missed the damage they caused!) and the police are unable to do anything without a witness. I'm hoping someone saw something or I'll be stuck with the option of paying for the damage or claiming on my insurance and having my premiums go up!

• 1 month later...

I am also sorry it was damaged. I notice it there everyday and feel the bumper hanging off is quite dangerous to passers-by, and to vehicles. In a way I'm not surprised it was clipped as it's in an awkward spot just before the chicane.

Could you please move the car.

Dangerous to passers-by and motorists. Looks like a car which has been abandoned - not pleasant for the immediate neighbours. Also, taking up a valuable car parking space.

Please arrange to have the car moved or I will report to council as an abandoned vehicle.

How is it dangerous? I pass it at least twice a day and have managed to do so safely so far. Phew.

And it's clearly not abandoned as we know from this thread.

Have a bit of sympathy for someone who's car got trashed.. it could happen to any of us.

From the footpath side its ok - from the road side, the rear bumber is hanging off, just waiting for a cyclist, partcularly a child, to catch it as they pass. It's also in a really awkward position for the P13 to pass it around the centre divider - I suspect that's why the car was clipped originally (not necessarily a bus, but the awkward position).

I think we've all had two months worth of sympathy. It's driveable - so drive it home and fix it.