Royal Wedding

uptime

Am I the only one who was originally slightly disinterested in this but is now totally obsessed by it? Maybe it's the hormones of having a young baby but I've already had tears in my eyes while watching the BBC coverage (and no that wasn't because I saw that annoying Fearne Cotton was doing some of it). Gutted no-one I know is having a party. Thought I could watch it with husband (who is quite girly about weddings anyway) but he has an osteopaths appointment this morning. How?

Go down to Peckham Rye Park - they're showing the coverage and I think there will be a great atmosphere.

I'm shamelessly watching it today with friends, will admit that the TV has been on from the start of the BBC coverage this morning. Enjoy!

about 30 mins ago I was setting the scene for a painting, colouring, mask-making, rocket-building kind of morning with my two boys, cheesy disco classics blasting from the CD player. Then my anti-royalist missus floated in - music off, TV on and now she is glued to the TV with the two boys kissing each other and cheering. What gives?

Well we're now having a very peaceful morning as little B fell fast asleep in the first hymn. Just as well as we've got party this afternoon and he was up early and jumping about loads. I thought he was entranced in wedding, but then started snoring...

I'm also fundamentally anti-royal but I'm also encouraging my kids to watch it.

I think it is just one of those events that there will be a globally shared memory of - the others have mostly been sad events such as twin towers, Diana's funeral, etc. You have to make the most of a happy event, I think, whenever it happens!

I grew up very far away from here, but even I remember, as a small child, seeing Diana going to her wedding 30 years ago... I think will be nice for my children to be able to look back on this wedding and say, "I was in England when that happened!"

My smalls are too small to remember it, otherwise I'd want to be in the Mall to experience it in person. I haven't got strong feelings about the monarchy either way but I love the way the wedding seems to be giving so much happiness to lots of people.

I agree Moos. Am not keen on monarchy per se, but love a good wedding :) and also loving all the dresses, so did enjoy watching. WAsn't straightforward viewing with a frustrated 2 year old who thinks the telly is for CBeebies or Toy Story though, cue early nap for him...

Well I ended up watching it with baby uptime (5 months) and the cat and we all LOVED it and thought the happy couple looked splendid - loved the bright red on Wills. I know that sounds sad but not as sad as my husband who watched it on his laptop with the osteopath during the treatment. Weird.

The most tedious thing about the royal wedding is all the *OH I can't be arsed with it* posturing all over Facebook/The Lounge....fair enough if you've know interest but posting it all over every bit of Social Media avaialble strikes me as posturing in the 'doth protest too much' by half...

I'm working but watched a bit and the kids went down to PRye. My son (3) was most excited that the "Duke of York" was mentioned as that's his number 1 nursery rhyme :))

my 4 year old daughter LOVED it! "mummy, can we go and wave at them", "mummy, why can't they come to our house", "mummy when I marry m**** (her best friend/boyfriend!!) I want to wear a dress like that", "mummy, look look at the crown on the carriage" etc etc. It really made it enjoyable for me :))