Rosemead vs Oakfield

sfalondon

Good evening,

We are considering both schools for pre-prep entry.

Both have their pros and cons and we would appreciate any views from recent parents.

In particular, we were surprised to see a class at one of the schools where they had very loud music while the children were sitting down working and it totally put us off.

Many thanks.

Our son has just started at Oakfield and really likes it. Unlike some of the other schools (don't know about Rosemead) it isn't hot-house academic and seems very child-centric in their approach to learning. We also liked the fact that it is co-ed and non-selective which seems to give a more mixed group of children (and parents). The pre-prep head is brilliant and the new overall head seems nice but will clearly take a little bit of time to settle in.

Personally I think that the uniform is a bit over the top, but you can't have everything.

PM me if you'd like more.

We have two kids at Oakfield (one now in the prep, and another still in the pre-prep) and are very happy with the school so far, for all the reasons set out by the previous poster.

We did look round Rosemead when looking for our eldest and found, almost to our surprise, that we far preferred the feel of Oakfield - but that is obviously a very individual thing. Oakfield has good sized playgrounds for both parts of the school, which is a definite plus.

I can't comment at all on Rosemead other than our (very personal) response to a single open-day visit. What I can say about Oakfield is that it feels like a school that is really going places in a good way, but still keeping true to its non-selective approach and its aim of encouraging all children to be the very best that they can be.