Trek Bike Stolen outside Palmerston Pub on Saturday 2nd Sept

R Byrne

The email messages I get from the ward snt team have a standard sentence saying not to report incidents by email. I assume this is because they want it to go through standard central logging and action procedures. I think I'd class the theft as an incident.

I understand that the ward team get forwarded details of stuff for their area coming in via 101 calls anyway. I assume that would be the case for all crime reports. I think there's also been a recent reorganistaion of responsibilities, which, iirc, may mean that the regular snt officers aren't doing the actual investigation work now. So perhaps your sil should just sit tight, in the expectation that someone will duly be in touch with him

An afterthought. He could be checking London bike ads at http://www.bikeshd.co.uk/ or http://findthatbike.co.uk/search.php?searching=yes&s=&location%5B%5D=London.

I hope btw that the police are aware there's a video. I'd hate to think they might be routinely NFAing the theft. And the original recording, if they need to access that, will likely only be available for a limited time.

Hi Ianr,

It was me who got the bike stolen. I've been using those links to keep an eye out, thank you.

Given the CCTV was quite decent, after I emailed stills to the investigating officer, they had me down to Peckham police to give a statement to back it up. They were due to visit the pub and establish a proper chain of custody from the pub to the police.

Only when I got back home that night, I had already received a case-closed letter in the post :-/

The video is quite good, I'll see if I can post a URL to link to it or youtube. I'm sure if I go hang around the area I'll see him again.

shuckc

Edit: it was the SNT team who were immediately on the scene as they had been giving out leaftlets on the market street just a few feet away. The case then transferred to Peckham.

For anyone googling, the stolen frame number was TRE18629483K and the police case is 3026009/17

And one last opportunity to thank John/Jamie (manager/owner) at the Palmerston, who have been exceptionally helpful - please pop in for a drink if you are passing :-)