Party East Dulwich Grove...GO TO BED!

Dbrskh

• 2 weeks later...
I think they're back at it again. I can't go knock on their door because I don't know which house/flat it's coming from. There's a few let by/just sold signs down the road, would it be right to guess it's one of those? So uncool. I'm hoping they don't carry on past 11pm.

Sorry but you are being totally unreasonable. It is Saturday night and people are entitled to have fun in their own homes. 11pm finish time?? Sorry if you have to get up really early but the world doesn't revolve around your getting up and going to bed. Maybe invest in some earplugs if you can't handle noise at 11pm because everywhere I've ever lived there has been noise past 11 on a semi-regular basis.

Uncool would be if the same people did this weekly and made a habit out of it...since this is the second weekend in a row. My kiddies' room backs up onto the noise and you can hear it in their room. As far as I'm aware people aren't allowed ro have LOUD music playing past 11pm, no? That's all. I come

It's been pointed out many times on the forum that complaining on EDF about what may be considered loud and excessive party noise achieves nothing, not the least because those who are partying are busy partying and not reading the Forum. The people to complain to are the Southwark Noise Control Team whose number has also been posted several times on the Forum.

The 'rule-of-thumb' that most city dwellers run by is that neighbours are 'allowed' 2-3 loud and late parties a year at weekends - particularly Friday or Saturday night. Good neighbours will alert adjacent houses to the fact of an up-coming party (when they haven't invited them!). Some nights (New Year's Eve, Bonfire Night) are accepted as party nights where loud behaviour is anticipated.

Unacceptable behaviour is very loud music (particularly a throbbing bass line) after midnight, or regular parties every weekend. Of course other people enjoying themselves in a thoughtless manner can (rightly) be annoying - but if you live in a city (and we are in an inner London suburb) you live by city rules.

uncleglen Wrote:

-------------------------------------------------------

> my teens had a loud party when we were away for a

> weekend. The neighbours called the cops at

> midnight and the cops attended and threatened to

> confiscate the stereo ....they shut the noise

> down...it was almost 20 years aB

Back in my day they'd have trashed the bedroom too :)